True Stories

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlwaysTwoAces

12-22-2012

I thought I share some of the stories and encounters day to day which hopefully will motivate people to not become the people illustrated in these true stories. These people are ridiculously toxic, dumb, and ignorant hit with the Dunning-Kruger brick.

Story 1: I am first picking for my team, I decide to three random ADC's because my team calls position but didn't really say what hero they planned to get. All while the enemy team bans Blitzcrank, Amumu, and Darius. This leaves Shen and Malphite open. I first pick and lock Malphite for the team. Apparently people start yelling at me for banning what seems to be random heroes and then for not banning Malphite and Shen.

Lesson of the day: You don't need to ban all the heroes, they can be on your team too. If you pick first, pressure to ban those "commonly banned heroes" can fall to the other team. Instead you should probably counter your planned mid and top picks instead.

Phoenix0Wright

12-23-2012

I get what you're saying, but banning three ADCs is just stupid. At the very least, you could've banned three champions that you personally dislike facing. That way you aren't completely wasting the bans.

Charcole

12-23-2012

When in that position I try to ban people that tend to snowball or global/gank very well (since 50% of my games I have teammates that attempt to die atleast once per minute), such as rengar/TF/diana. This way im not wasting my bans, and can still potentially get a blitz/malph/ali/shen/etc...

Insharai

12-23-2012

Bans don't mean toooo much unless your in a major tourn and you know who your facing. I will ban either characters that snowball strongly like Diana (well the old one...), or characters that don't need to get fed to wreck teams like Alistar.