Rank is so unbalanced.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

???

12-21-2012

The match up system should not be solely based on elo but also should be based on how many games they have won. I would rather play with a person with 50 wins rather than a person with 2 wins at rank at 1400 etc. elo.

Hoisengerd

12-22-2012

this is how it was supposed to work with the changes in season 3, but as we have seen...it doesn't

King Kappa

12-22-2012

Let's say this:
>Pro WoW, Pro SC2 and former DotA player
>120 wins in normals
>6-2 ranked
>Plays like a 2k elo, reads incoming ganks like a psychic and knows when to go for objectives

This player clearly is not experienced enough to play with someone who has 1k wins, however this player is probably a lot better than most people with 1k wins.

I made him up, but I've seen quite a few people around the game who are like this

deirin

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sīmba View Post
Let's say this:
>Pro WoW, Pro SC2 and former DotA player
>120 wins in normals
>6-2 ranked
>Plays like a 2k elo, reads incoming ganks like a psychic and knows when to go for objectives

This player clearly is not experienced enough to play with someone who has 1k wins, however this player is probably a lot better than most people with 1k wins.

I made him up, but I've seen quite a few people around the game who are like this
my 5 ĸ:

that'd be 1.5k elo...probably...

for 2k u need to counterpick...thus...u need more game anyway...w/e if u played dota or not...unless u think and click fast like a madmen...with main adc...then maybe...
adc game kinda always look the same...get fed...kill all...:c

but...w/e....

Disgruntler

12-22-2012

Total losses is equally as valid as total wins... but generally that would cause ordering opposite to what you claim.

So... we need a system that works on both wins AND losses. Hell let's make the system dynamic, so that it measures harder wins as more valuable than easier wins, and losses that should be easy as more detrimental than losses that should be hard.

oh wait that's elo....