(Gifting Friends) How Long is Long Enough?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

amefurashi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

I tried to unlock a skin for one of my accounts with RP from another account, but it gave me the error message "sorry you have not been friends for a long enough period of time." What the heck is that about? I haven't been friends with MYSELF for long enough? What kind of ridiculous restriction is this?
I want to unlock a legacy skin for myself on that account because I only own that champion on that account, so tell me, is the waiting period going to go past the Legacy sale?
And why would that restriction even be imposed in the first place? Money is still being spent on league of legends, so why does it matter how long the people involved in gifting have been friends for?

Afflat0x

12-25-2012

its because you have to have been friends with the account for a certain period of time, and you must be level 20 or above to gift and the receiver has to be at least level 10 before you can gift them, riot made this obviously for security reasons, even though for some people this is quite a downside.

heres the link http://lol.gameguyz.com/news/news/th...r-friends.html

hope this answered ur question

meepy sheepy

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amefurashi View Post
I tried to unlock a skin for one of my accounts with RP from another account, but it gave me the error message "sorry you have not been friends for a long enough period of time." What the heck is that about? I haven't been friends with MYSELF for long enough? What kind of ridiculous restriction is this?
I want to unlock a legacy skin for myself on that account because I only own that champion on that account, so tell me, is the waiting period going to go past the Legacy sale?
And why would that restriction even be imposed in the first place? Money is still being spent on league of legends, so why does it matter how long the people involved in gifting have been friends for?
I think it's fine that they have the restriction you shouldn't being gifting yourself anyways that is cheating the system, you are supposed to gift OTHERS.

Najbolji Jinx NA

02-18-2013

but how long is long enough...