I've had it with Kassadin. Fix him, or disable him.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

12-22-2012

Be aware that for Teemo, that's not necessarily 53.72% of the games, because it counts "Appearances%*10", so if there are two Teemos in a game, it counts them twice. So if every time a Teemo is played he's played on both teams, it'd only be 26.86%, which is still quite high.

The Dominion statistics on lolking lump together all Elos though, naturally.

Yorick got a buff in the form of the old Executioner's Calling being removed, and the new Muramana being so good on him.

AK47WOLF

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Be aware that for Teemo, that's not necessarily 53.72% of the games, because it counts "Appearances%*10", so if there are two Teemos in a game, it counts them twice. So if every time a Teemo is played he's played on both teams, it'd only be 26.86%, which is still quite high.

The Dominion statistics on lolking lump together all Elos though, naturally.

Yorick got a buff in the form of the old Executioner's Calling being removed, and the new Muramana being so good on him.
Teemo mirrors never happen. Ever.

VoidInsanity

12-22-2012

If the cast animation on his R was longer then at least skilled players could stun/silence/cc him when he tries to jump. That would actually means a kassadin would require skill to play and counter, he'd still be a pain in the arse but at least you'd have an option.

There are alot of ultis you can counter with a correctly timed CC, I don't see why kassadin gets to be an exception.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

I want Kassadin fixed so I can play as him again. It's was one thing to nab him in draft when he wasn't banned, but draft is dead and I can't bring myself to pick him in blind and still feel like I deserve to own my gonads.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

I think for people confused why kassadin is so godlike, there hasn't been a good explanation.
And the reason is that he is not that faceroll, its not "pick kassadin, jump into fight, own everthing" Jax style.

Kassadin problems are 2 separate problems:
a) Godlike mobility: This can be abused, if there is a kassadin you can create unfair fights all the time, gank bottom for a 2 to 1, they come to help? blink to top twice as fast and create a 4 vs 3.
You can start capturing their mid, you see them comming? rush top or bottom a lot faster get there first to a outnumbered fight.
Kassadin can make some champs wander aimesly while he is adding nuke damage all over the place.

b) You will only catch me if I want: He can kite and defend a neutral point from any melee champ forever. If you see kassadin and you are melee, your only option is too run. Otherwise he will QE and walk away everytime his cooldowns are up. And you CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. Some casters even have that problem, in a different way, kass, blink in your face, silence, slow, and walks away, and you did 0 damage. And kassadin can repeat that again and again, and you can't do anything, if kassadin gets ganked doing this...he just blink away.

As said the only champs that do not have a problem with that repeat cycle are ranged ad, but kassadin builds frozen hearth, and he can just choose not go where the ranged ad is, or organize a double or triple burst on the ranged ad if with the team.

There are though some better champs vs kass, good chaser like Eve and WW are actually decent vs kass , you still prefer to have kass yourself though. And they shouldn't be alone, my point is if your team is like ,eve ww, ezreal, fizz top, janna bot, you have some chances vs kass.

naotasan

12-22-2012

If I see a Jayce, I'm a little bit sad but I can deal with it.
If I see a Jax, I cringe slightly but play the game normally.
If I see a Teemo, hate starts to build up inside of me, but I try my best to play the game normally.
If I see a Kassadin, I either have to lace up my try hard boots or accept a loss.

Those are the top 4 most OP champs in Dominion (my opinion) and Kassadin is the only one I can't stand. Teemo does get me slightly angry - but nothing compares to the cheapness that is Kassad*ick.

Chaosos

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Can you explain to me why Kassadin is so problematic? I'm not trying to be smart, I'm genuinely curious. I've played over 500 games of Dominion and he's never struck me as a huge problem, nor do I see him often at all. I happen to think Jax ruins Dominion.

In any case, does it have something to do with the fact that Kass can just dance all day around a neutral turret and never let you cap it?

I'm just having difficulty visualizing the problem Kassadin is causing, because Dominion is typically dominated by bruisers who Kass doesn't do well against.

An explanation would be appreciated.
Jax is counterable at the least. I'll just guess you're thinking mostly of Jax bot. Jax bot has counterpicks, I've seen yorick do well (as per usual), but my favorite when I know someone who runs almost exclusively jax bot is playing is to pick trundle and go bot. Trundle fares well against most characters, Lee sin Jayce and Yorick are his main issues. Basically, your Q goes through his dodge, all you have to do is not give him too many free hits during counter strike, which isn't hard considering how fast trundle can move with his W and how strong a disengage troll pillar is. Then, when Jax pops his ult you ult him and win the duel, especially since your CDs are about the same as his. If he's running Exhaust/Ignite, (I run Exhaust/Revive), then you can 1. Try to bait them if he's dumb, using pillar/contaminate to disengage or 2. Call for ganks since he's lacking revive.

AK47WOLF

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosos View Post
Jax is counterable at the least. I'll just guess you're thinking mostly of Jax bot. Jax bot has counterpicks, I've seen yorick do well (as per usual), but my favorite when I know someone who runs almost exclusively jax bot is playing is to pick trundle and go bot. Trundle fares well against most characters, Lee sin Jayce and Yorick are his main issues. Basically, your Q goes through his dodge, all you have to do is not give him too many free hits during counter strike, which isn't hard considering how fast trundle can move with his W and how strong a disengage troll pillar is. Then, when Jax pops his ult you ult him and win the duel, especially since your CDs are about the same as his. If he's running Exhaust/Ignite, (I run Exhaust/Revive), then you can 1. Try to bait them if he's dumb, using pillar/contaminate to disengage or 2. Call for ganks since he's lacking revive.
I am honestly more concerned about bot Jax getting farm AND the ambient gold gain. He will farm together a Trinity Force, Gunblade, and Rageblade and then switch out with someone who can at least hold bot and proceeds to turn the game around because he can now solo your team.

Das Strychnine

12-22-2012

Quote:
I am honestly more concerned about bot Jax getting farm AND the ambient gold gain. He will farm together a Trinity Force, Gunblade, and Rageblade and then switch out with someone who can at least hold bot and proceeds to turn the game around because he can now solo your team.
Seems legit.

Reynmaker

12-22-2012

Quote:
In Dominion, Jax has a few counters. Frozen Heart Maokai is one of them, a Good Vayne is another, Since his only initiate is leap strike, unless he can chain the counter strike stun perfectly with leap, Vayne can just tumble away and kite while putting in free damage.

Kassadin, on the other hand, has a ranged damaging silence, AOE slow that is always up in Dominion, a steroid on basic attacks, and a short cooldown blink that can cross any wall with negligible mana costs in Dominion.

Now sensibly, in the hands of a good player, which is more powerful ?