I've had it with Kassadin. Fix him, or disable him.

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Can you explain to me why Kassadin is so problematic? I'm not trying to be smart, I'm genuinely curious. I've played over 500 games of Dominion and he's never struck me as a huge problem, nor do I see him often at all. I happen to think Jax ruins Dominion.

In any case, does it have something to do with the fact that Kass can just dance all day around a neutral turret and never let you cap it?

I'm just having difficulty visualizing the problem Kassadin is causing, because Dominion is typically dominated by bruisers who Kass doesn't do well against.

An explanation would be appreciated.
What bruiser does well against Kassadin? Bruisers rely on abilities to get kills, and Kass excels at killing things that rely on abilities. All bruisers are melee as well, which Kass also counters. Kass can poke and run away from anything, especially bruisers and tanks, because they are slowed and silenced. He can ult away if he really needs to, at the cost of extra mana (which he can afford thanks to Dominion mechanics). There are almost no champs in the game that can retaliate against him, and the combination of health relics and walls make him sustain forever and be uncatchable.

There is only one thing that comes close to being able to deal with a Kass with half a brain, and that's a well built AD carry. Even they have a hard time since Kass will build Frozen Heart pretty much all the time for the mana and CDR.

Genericke

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
The only thing I would point out is that Vesh is not responsible for balancing in any way.
So, you shouldn't drag Vesh into this since he cannot do anything. Asking him to do something he cannot do that he knows is a problem makes him feel bad. And that kind of makes me feel like a jerk.

But, I suppose I have to criticize one part and that's

Since I find that demanding tends to make people not want to do the thing being asked.
Yeah, my bad. I was really angry when I made this thread so I wasn't thinking clearly. I'll make the appropriate adjustments to the thread, including Sauron's suggestion.

As for Vesh, yeah I shouldn't bring him into this. I know he's already stated that he's nervous to post on the dominion forums because they can be a bit volatile. I think he's still wonderful for keeping an eye on us.

As for Nome, I also think he's done a lot to try and improve dominion. It's been rather hit and miss (BFT Teemo...urgh) but he has been giving dominion some attention and has been doing his best to balance the map. After a year of literally no dominion oriented changes, we're starting to see some and I really appreciate him for that. I like that he's making threads and is trying to work with the community.

TaTiToTu

12-22-2012

Yep Kassadin is the only champion I HATE facing. When you see Kass in loading screen all you can do is hope he's bad.

Fruden999

12-22-2012

Just about everyone who doesnt play kassadin hate to play with or against kassadin. Even power champs like kaz jc teemu are reasonable by comparison. Kassadin is worth about 2 other champs, i consider i have no merit winning when i have a kassadin on my side. About 25% of all games are ruined by having kassadin in them. Kassadin removes fun from Dominion.

I hate kassadin.

But whine whine cry cry, this gives no result. The only way is to vote with our wallets. What I propose is someone make a thread with a vote something like this: Will you buy Riot points until Kassadin is removed from the map or nerfed to similar power to other champions? A- No I will not buy Riot points anymore. B- Yes I will continue buying Riot points.

When we are playing we are costs to Riot. When we are buying points we are revenues to Riot. During this holiday season lets be costs and refuse to be revenues for Riot so they will hear our vote louder than than they are now.

AK47WOLF

12-22-2012

If they remove Kassadin, they also need to remove Jax and Poppy from Dominion. They are both nigh-guaranteed win champions along with Kassadin, and you can't let these champions roam free while ignoring the fact that those two are just as toxic as Kass is. It wouldn't be fair to the players.

IS1f76de388e437153501fa

12-22-2012

Hahaha sure Kass is OP but i think you are all forgetting about someone who needs to be fixed before him.

Yorick walks into the forums, there is no counter.

Fabs457

12-22-2012

what we can hope for is for players to stop giving in and playing him... (and bash the **** out of the ones who do).

as far as yorick goes... after the jayce/diana releases, I think he's fallen considerably. there are a lot of legitimate counters to him who are played often

Stark Midnight

12-22-2012

Yorick has the highest win ratio in dominion, at 60%. No one counters him. His pushing power is unrivaled, he has the best 1v1 ultimate in the game, and he can outtrade most champions as well as having godlike sustain. While in teamfights he's tamed, no one can beat him in a solo lane. Also did i mention that its hard as hell to gank him too?

Hawkwìng

12-22-2012

I was under the impression the main issue with kass is that he can jump literally any wall. From what i understand the mass majority of champs that have wall jumping abilities have to actually be able to fully clear the wall with their jump to get over it.

Like ziggs, or kha, or vi, or trynd etc....etc....etc.... If their jump, gap closer, escape, whatever does not clearly reach to the far side of the wall, it will fizzle, go on CD, and get them killed.

However kass can jump any wall, it does not matter if his range is clearly short by 49%, he can jump from the well, right over the crystal.

I really think a simple kass nerf that would partially fix the problem of him being OP would be to fix his ult. Riot really has no excuse for why he can jump walls that should be un-jumpable. Like i said before, every other champion who has a wall jumping ability get stumped when THE RANGE OF THEIR ABILITY FALLS SHORT OF THE DISTANCE REQUIRED TO TRAVEL TO CLEAR THE WALL.

That is all.

Genericke

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
If they remove Kassadin, they also need to remove Jax and Poppy from Dominion. They are both nigh-guaranteed win champions along with Kassadin, and you can't let these champions roam free while ignoring the fact that those two are just as toxic as Kass is. It wouldn't be fair to the players.
Both Poppy and Jax have counters. They're really strong champions, but they're nowhere near what Kassadin is. A 2k-2.5k hp Poppy shivers at the idea of facing a good Olaf or Darius. Jax is quite explodable. He hates LeBlanc. He also loses in duels to Jayce (although Jayce is pretty broken) and will lose to Talon and Pantheon at different points in the game. They are toxic at lower elos where people might not be organized enough, or have the knowledge to counter him. At high elo however the only champion that's still unbelievably toxic is Kassadin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Midnight View Post
Yorick has the highest win ratio in dominion, at 60%. No one counters him. His pushing power is unrivaled, he has the best 1v1 ultimate in the game, and he can outtrade most champions as well as having godlike sustain. While in teamfights he's tamed, no one can beat him in a solo lane. Also did i mention that its hard as hell to gank him too?
I'm not sure where you're getting this statistic from, because looking at monthly win rates on dominion on lolking http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...&range=monthly Yorick wins 55.81% of games. The number one win rate is Rammus at 57.17%, and then Heimer at 57.13%, and then Teemo at 56.17% (who's also picked in 53.72% of games, unlike Yorick who's in only 3.47% of games. Keep in mind this win rate is also taking into account mirror match ups). Rammus, Heimer and Yorick can all be dealt with, this is just an issue of elo and players not really knowing how to counter champions. The only exception is Teemo, and even then there are ways of dealing with him.

If you're having trouble with Yorick, try AD Malz (I've even managed to crush Yorick with AP Malz) Maokai, Nunu or even Wukong if you're good with him. As for being ungankable, I find Yorick extremely easy to bring down with a gank. He's a super aggressive laner who can only speed himself up after stopping and autoattacking something, while slowing down one person.

123456 ... 7