How bad are draft dominion queues?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2014

I haven't tried draft dominion in a while. Are they still really bad? Like 30 minutes?... even an hour or sometimes more?

I wonder if this has any impact on Riot's unwillingness to turn on ranked for us.

Frog999999

02-10-2014

They are still really bad. Last week on "Draft Monday" I queued up and waited >2.5 hours before calling it a night. I would be more willing to play it if there was a chance of getting a game.

Multivariate

02-10-2014

At average Elo on Monday, you can still wait >30 minutes. Putting it to the test right now.

Multivariate

02-10-2014

Gave up after 30 minutes.

Chavez Obama

02-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferer View Post

I wonder if this has any impact on Riot's unwillingness to turn on ranked for us.
It is pretty par for the course with the current modus operandi.

Game mode becomes less popular, Riot provides less support because game mode is less popular.
Game is then less supported by Riot, people stop playing due to lack of support.
Game mode becomes less popular, Riot provides less support...

Its a bad feedback loop. Doesn't even matter which came first anymore (the lack of popularity or lack of support). It is where the state of the game is regardless.

Since the mode isn't magically going to become more popular, the only option is... Riot support (let alone ranked).

Since Riot doesn't want to give support, we are up **** creek without a paddle. Unless the community can make David Blaine street magic out of this situation.

Edit: TL;DR, Draft queues wont hurt anything, they are just a symptom of the current situation.

Multivariate

02-10-2014

For what it's worth: I just checked and the estimated queue time for draft mode Summoner's Rift, at least for me, is 3 times the estimated wait of blind pick and 4 times the estimated wait of ranked. In other words, even on SR, draft mode isn't actually very popular compared to blind or ranked play. We might expect it to be relatively hard to find a game of draft Dominion even if Dominion had a popular ranked mode. By the same token, the fact that draft Dominion isn't popular doesn't mean ranked wouldn't be.

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multivariate View Post
For what it's worth: I just checked and the estimated queue time for draft mode Summoner's Rift, at least for me, is 3 times the estimated wait of blind pick and 4 times the estimated wait of ranked. In other words, even on SR, draft mode isn't actually very popular compared to blind or ranked play. We might expect it to be relatively hard to find a game of draft Dominion even if Dominion had a popular ranked mode. By the same token, the fact that draft Dominion isn't popular doesn't mean ranked wouldn't be.
I wholly agree with you.

Penteano

02-11-2014

Posted my idea on GD yesterday http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...light=dominion
As I said it happened in EUW and was a lot of fun. Feel free to bump, maybe we get a red to post there............. or maybe not.

wolferer

02-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penteano View Post
Posted my idea on GD yesterday http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...light=dominion
As I said it happened in EUW and was a lot of fun. Feel free to bump, maybe we get a red to post there............. or maybe not.
We had draft day in NA for a while. I didn't like it to the point where I stopped playing during those days.

1) High elo queue was split, this makes games take twice as long or more to pop.
2) There were too many OPs. If your teammate messed up their bans and gave away a Kassadin or a Kha'Zix, you were screwed. Even if they didn't, there's only so many bans and there are more OPs that you tended to see the same 4 champions in every game.
3) People were way meaner in game.
4) People still dodged after picks were done if they didn't like the teams.

I think the game needs to get into a more balanced state before they turn ranked on.

Penteano

02-11-2014

What you mean with high elo queue was split? If only draft is avaliable everyone would be together. I'm not understanding that part.

I know there are too many OP's, that's why I'd like to see more bans per teams.
In the time it happened in EUW was fun, people complained when they noticed blind pick wasn't avaliable (even me) but later it was great. During those times there were a lot of people spaming Riven and Nida in Dom, every match you had both of them, was great to be able to ban them and a few others too. And not everyone knows the OP's of Dominion anyway.