How to Snowball Games from Top Lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jawanga

12-29-2012

I usually play top lane, and I'm looking for suggestions on how to snowball and carry games from top. Whenever I win my lane, I feel like I'm still not doing enough. I'm not one of those people who blame my other teammates for losing the game even if it's true or not. I know there's a way to truly carry a game despite other lanes not doing so well.

But. I'm struggling with this. I know some ways how to do it, but I want to know other people's suggestions. Pretend like I don't know anything about carrying the game beyond my lane.

Liquidone

12-29-2012

If the game goes past 30 minutes you can't, after that it's on your AD Carry to start carrying. As a top it's your job to carry through mid game so your ADC can get fed/farmed and start carrying when you fall off.

AlphariusRising

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidone View Post
If the game goes past 30 minutes you can't, after that it's on your AD Carry to start carrying. As a top it's your job to carry through mid game so your ADC can get fed/farmed and start carrying when you fall off.
Jax finds this post grossly offensive.

TheOneSirDieAlot

12-29-2012

Teleport. Enter fights in other lanes when your lane is pushed.
Make it a very sudden 4v2 bot by coordinating a gank with your jungler, leading into an easy dragon.
Counter-gank bot the same way^
Some champions are fantastic at it.

Or you can just be so much trouble that you force the jungler to camp you allowing other people to not worry about it. Singed is incredible at that. What some videos of Shy playing Singed to get what I'm talking about.

Best LeeSinga NA

12-29-2012

play someone thats good at team fighting or split pushing and farm up

proceed to build bruiser and take towers or just **** on everybody in team fights

Pushing:

Singed
Shen
Nidalee

Team fight:

Vlad
Olaf
Lee

Jawanga

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneSirDieAlot View Post
Teleport. Enter fights in other lanes when your lane is pushed.
Make it a very sudden 4v2 bot by coordinating a gank with your jungler, leading into an easy dragon.
Counter-gank bot the same way^
Some champions are fantastic at it.

Or you can just be so much trouble that you force the jungler to camp you allowing other people to not worry about it. Singed is incredible at that. What some videos of Shy playing Singed to get what I'm talking about.
The reason I don't take teleport is it takes quite a bit away from kill potential in your own lane. I can definitely outplay lanes without it but I almost always want it with me at top, unless I'm going for farm lane.

But I was thinking about the bottom lane gank. I guess my problem is I never want my tower to go down, so I'm hesitant on going to other lanes if it risks my tower getting destroyed.

With keeping the jungler top though, I don't think my team takes advantage of it. I probably could tell my team to pressure dragon if there is 2 top.

The Bushmaster

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawanga View Post
blah blah blah something about "I can't get as many kills in my own lane"
Stop thinking about yourself and start thinking about your team.

chickenizgoodz

12-29-2012

I would only get teleport if I was going against I Shen, that way I can tele to whatever lane shen is going to. An easy way to snowball a lane is to get an early gank from your jungler. If you kill your opponent especially in top lane, its really hard to recover because your enemy is down a level or 2 behind in CS and in gold. In early game the difference between lvl 1 and 2 or 2 to 3 is huge

NEOtheONE

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidone View Post
Shyvana laughs at this post as she ults into a teamfight with full build tanking the entire enemy team and promptly killing the enemy ADC as the enemy team scatters to be picked off by the rest of her team.