LF>Support teacher

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

Just learn janna. She can counter most kill lanes bot, and can also help win most team fights during the mid-late game. You can send me a friend request if you'd like lessons for real though.

Qsario

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessIrelia View Post
Just learn janna. She can counter most kill lanes bot, and can also help win most team fights during the mid-late game. You can send me a friend request if you'd like lessons for real though.
Well, Blitz remains a pain as Janna (and maybe anyone other than perhaps Sivir/Ez), but he's permabanned. Obviously, you watch for him trying to get around the minions to line up a shot (or to get close to run up & powerfist) and you don't sit in the bush where you give him a free grab when he just grabs right through all the bushes, so you're going to have to ward those side bushes and give up on controlling them.

You need tornado at level 1, as with many other kill lanes (in poke lanes, e.g. Sona/Ez, shield at level 1 is better), to interrupt Blitz's combo and get away from the grabs, which means you have to see them coming, too. You want to let a tornado charge behind yourself when going into the bushes for the first time to get a look & ward, because you'll die facechecking them.

But that grab is the main reason people ban him so yeah.

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
Well, Blitz remains a pain as Janna (and maybe anyone other than perhaps Sivir/Ez), but he's permabanned. Obviously, you watch for him trying to get around the minions to line up a shot (or to get close to run up & powerfist) and you don't sit in the bush where you give him a free grab when he just grabs right through all the bushes, so you're going to have to ward those side bushes and give up on controlling them.

You need tornado at level 1, as with many other kill lanes (in poke lanes, e.g. Sona/Ez, shield at level 1 is better), to interrupt Blitz's combo and get away from the grabs, which means you have to see them coming, too. You want to let a tornado charge behind yourself when going into the bushes for the first time to get a look & ward, because you'll die facechecking them.

But that grab is the main reason people ban him so yeah.
I don't want to turn this page into an arguement, but I strongly disagree with this. If you're playing any tanky support, you can generally counter the blitzcrank. This is because you can tank the grab for the adc, and then stun/slow their adc. Your buffs should allow for your ADC to outdps their ADC too.

Janna has similar strengths, but she's slightly different. They're more of out of lane counters w/ in lane neutrality.