My anger about honor initiative

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

checkmater75

12-22-2012

I tend to get honorable opponent and give it out to people who:
Don't rage,
Play "well",
Seem to be leading their team,
Never surrender,
and Epic Plays(Penta's, Backdoor Yi hilarity, etc.)

Tadeyoshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmater75 View Post
Don't rage,
Play "well",
Never surrender,
I just really agree with this. I just recently got my badge even though I don't play often between school and such. I have to admit I wanted my ribbon, but that is what riot wants. They want you to want the ribbon so you can feel acknowledged. But to get the ribbon you have to be pleasant to play against. I truthfully like everyone am not always the nicest person and can rage a bit over a serious ks or gank on me. But it has to be outweighed by your positive behavior. But you can't expect to get an honorable opponent every match. It takes patience in AND out of game.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmater75 View Post
Don't rage,
Play "well",
Never surrender,

Epic moments are always honorable mentions.

Have you and your friends thought of going to a Spanish dominated server as to avoid the language barrier? I understand it may be frustrating that you have to change, but I'm sure that they would be much nicer.

I do see you trying to use english, but it is quite obvious it is not your first language. As I said, I don't fault you for it in fact I'm glad you're proud of your heritage. I'm in a majority here, but it only takes one person in a game to make your game less fun.

Even if only 10% of the population believe like that, with there being 5 people on your team every game, chances are every other game you will have that jacktard that believes that way. 10 if you count their team.

Also, another societal issue we have is we like to "Jump on the bandwagon" if you will. If one person is raging at a person for doing something they dislike for whatever reason, its human nature to follow suit. While I personally try and understand and diffuse, I am in the minority in this. Which means your honor is going to take a hit more.

I have a high honor count, but trust me its with many gritted teeth and fist slams on a desk. I usually end up swallowing my tongue and saying the politest thing I can find to say about the current situation.

Also, if you want to really increase your honor count: Play your best more often.

Example: If I play Evelynn, my main, I usually get at least 2/3 honors a game. I should, I've been playing for 2 years and she's been my focus for those 2 years (Yes even pre buff, pre nerf as well).

Though, if I play lets say Vayne, I never get honor because I suck with her and no matter how hard I try I cannot get any better.

Its natural when you see someone who just fills the role of a character so well that you want to honor them.

Trance Sawyer

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadeyoshi View Post
I just really agree with this. I just recently got my badge even though I don't play often between school and such. I have to admit I wanted my ribbon, but that is what riot wants. They want you to want the ribbon so you can feel acknowledged. But to get the ribbon you have to be pleasant to play against. I truthfully like everyone am not always the nicest person and can rage a bit over a serious ks or gank on me. But it has to be outweighed by your positive behavior. But you can't expect to get an honorable opponent every match. It takes patience in AND out of game.
Sure! as I told before, at least for me this is not a "fame item"... but how many time you got trolled, because of a dumb with ribbon? because "you don't own a ribbon, you don't know how to play"... argues start, no one enjoys game and bla bla bla

Have that ribbon from a long time now... I just can't understand how now, from a day to another, that we won lots of games, no one will honor none of me or even my teammates... what is that attitude?

Anyway I'll stop this here, looks like plenty of people won't understand what I'm saying, and getting offended though, lots of "less" in my post.... Did I owned them by these days? =S

This, as I said in ppal post, was MY opinion, if you agree yo can say it, if not yo can skip the thread... but comming to "be the pro"?

GL all

Sephïroth

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Sawyer View Post
Sure! as I told before, at least for me this is not a "fame item"... but how many time you got trolled, because of a dumb with ribbon? because "you don't own a ribbon, you don't know how to play"... argues start, no one enjoys game and bla bla bla

Have that ribbon from a long time now... I just can't understand how now, from a day to another, that we won lots of games, no one will honor none of me or even my teammates... what is that attitude?

Anyway I'll stop this here, looks like plenty of people won't understand what I'm saying, and getting offended though, lots of "less" in my post.... Did I owned them by these days? =S

This, as I said in ppal post, was MY opinion, if you agree yo can say it, if not yo can skip the thread... but comming to "be the pro"?

GL all

Could you repeat this in Spanish so I could actually understand what you're saying?

Trance Sawyer

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephroth View Post
Epic moments are always honorable mentions.

Have you and your friends thought of going to a Spanish dominated server as to avoid the language barrier? I understand it may be frustrating that you have to change, but I'm sure that they would be much nicer.

I do see you trying to use english, but it is quite obvious it is not your first language. As I said, I don't fault you for it in fact I'm glad you're proud of your heritage. I'm in a majority here, but it only takes one person in a game to make your game less fun.

Even if only 10% of the population believe like that, with there being 5 people on your team every game, chances are every other game you will have that jacktard that believes that way. 10 if you count their team.

Also, another societal issue we have is we like to "Jump on the bandwagon" if you will. If one person is raging at a person for doing something they dislike for whatever reason, its human nature to follow suit. While I personally try and understand and diffuse, I am in the minority in this. Which means your honor is going to take a hit more.

I have a high honor count, but trust me its with many gritted teeth and fist slams on a desk. I usually end up swallowing my tongue and saying the politest thing I can find to say about the current situation.

Also, if you want to really increase your honor count: Play your best more often.

Example: If I play Evelynn, my main, I usually get at least 2/3 honors a game. I should, I've been playing for 2 years and she's been my focus for those 2 years (Yes even pre buff, pre nerf as well).

Though, if I play lets say Vayne, I never get honor because I suck with her and no matter how hard I try I cannot get any better.

Its natural when you see someone who just fills the role of a character so well that you want to honor them.

I see that game play getting lost... and kind of hurts... of course a bad summoner won't... but... 2 tw, 2 helpful and none honor? (not playing with my friends, but random)... I mean, why is it getting so hard to admit defeat? I've learned more on defeats that on victoryes... of course winning is "more funny" but winning is not all I think... no one has born knowing how to play a single game... then, be graceful with people can help you improve, and many of those, when you got defeated, are in the opposite team, then recognize it and if you really want to improve, ask for help... at least I've done that many times =S

These days I've seen people asking to report entire team because they were "n00bs"... playing up to lvl 20? don't think so... this is becaming a "winning or nothing" and I can kind of affirm it based on some replyes I got here

Trance Sawyer

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephroth View Post
Could you repeat this in Spanish so I could actually understand what you're saying?
Seguro, como dije anteriormente para mi el moo no es un "item de la fama"... pero cuntas veces encontras gente haciendo trolling, o ninguneando por no tener ese moo? basados en "como no ten{es el moo no tens idea de cmo se juega" (por lo gral cuando en queue alguien quiere ir de lider y mandonear a todos)... entonces empiezan las discusiones y al final nadie disfruta del juego...

Hace tiempo ya que tengo el dichoso moo... lo que no logro entender es cmo ahora, de un da para el otro, que estamos ganando montones de partidas, nadie nos da honor a ninguno, ni a mi, ni a mis compaeros de equipo... a qu se debe esta actitud?

De todas maneras creo que voy a dejar de comentar ac, aparentemente mucha gente no entiende lo que planteo y se siente ofendida, montones de "menos" en mis posts... Les gan algn match en estos das? =S (sarcarmo, chiste, lo que sea, no me parece buena esa actitud)

Como dije en el post principal, esta es MI opinion, pueden algunos estar de acuerdo y decirlo, si no lo estn entonces pueden pasar de alto el thread... pero venir a "ser el pro"?

Buena suerte para todos

Aclaro ac, no va a vos, qued el quote y me extend un poco ms de la cuenta con lo que iba a decir, prefiero aclarar eso a generar discordias donde no debera de haberlas, saludos!

chomcham

12-22-2012

You do know that it the team and opponents choice to give honor to whoever they feel like giving it to. I have gotten honor from teams after yelling at them lol.

Its up to the players, you can give it for whatever reason.

Trance Sawyer

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomcham View Post
You do know that it the team and opponents choice to give honor to whoever they feel like giving it to. I have gotten honor from teams after yelling at them lol.

Its up to the players, you can give it for whatever reason.
sure! I'm just trying to get why do they often give honor just whe they win lol

Aamon2500

12-22-2012

Almost all my honours have come from defeate when i have been able to stop the other team getting to our nexus right up until i die.... In my opinion Honours are earned not given. Asking for honours isn't the way to go imo...