My anger about honor initiative

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trance Sawyer

12-21-2012

First of all, sorry about my english, it may not be as good as it's suppoused to, not native to it...

Now, here it is... I'm kind of angry about this thing... and think I may not be the only one who is... I try to be as honest as I can, always, but not everyone is though... I can't stand winning a game, up to 18/0/9 for example, as it happened today, and not getting at least one honorable opponent... Guess ribbon goes away when you get a time without earning honor right? so I won't stop recognizing good opponents because they don't, but think it's not fair for us when they get anger because of loosing... after all this is still a game, suppoused to have fun... and I can asume, based on facts, they're not doing that...

Think there's no way to fix this from administration... but I wanted to tell it as well, because I think I can't just let it go as if nothing happens...

Have a good day...

GL, HF

Mattlink92

12-21-2012

Being an honorable opponent is not about how well your score looks on the board at the end. If you want honor, follow the code (in this case, Riot shares something we should really take to heart for any competitive scenario).

Humble in victory,
Grace in defeat

Jamie98s

12-21-2012

i only get honorable opponent when I lose, and usually only give it when I win.

Trance Sawyer

12-21-2012

Dude, that score was just an example... we were 3/12, then I could build and started pushing... when a single player rolls back the entire match, isn't he honorable?

Anyway the thing here is: why shall we lose to keep that red ribbon? why is everyone getting so proud can't recognize when other summoner is a good one?

Entire day playing today, not a single honor, not a single lost, at least 8 games... it's kind of "not funny"...

I want to make clear, to me it's not a winning or losing cause, it's a respect one, we shall grant him although we win, and even more when we lose... or I'm not getting the code though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie98s View Post
i only get honorable opponent when I lose, and usually only give it when I win.
that's the main problem... I think ppl must be able to recognize when someone is a good player, not just when you win, but when you lose... so, it's not like "look, he fighted till the end besides it was a lose cause"... think it may be "dude! look how they do it"!

If you lost is not because of luck, it's because people on the other side known how to play, as a team, and knew how to make his way into your nexus... doesn't it worth recognizing?

adc

12-21-2012

No. Being good isn't being honorable. It's just a ribbon. Get over it.

Slashinghardest

12-21-2012

AD bottom is right, does having the ribbon inhibit your playing? why the hell does it matter wether you have a stupid ribbon by your name or not its a pointless meaningless icon especially at this point where you rarely see a single person without a ribbon.

Disgruntler

12-22-2012

You are not entitled to any honor for anything ever.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

If you're honorable, people will honor you. No, not everyone. Though, there are many of us that understand the honor system exists for a reason, and we use it.

I have no problem myself for non english speaking players, as long as they try to communicate well and do not go the entire game without saying anything or responding to pings, generally if they deserve honor it will be given.

Though, you must understand this will make less people honor you. The game is a vast majority of english speakers, therefore some people will just be biased against you. I don't like it either, but its the world we live in. Some people are just giant butt plugs.

Trance Sawyer

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashinghardest View Post
AD bottom is right, does having the ribbon inhibit your playing? why the hell does it matter wether you have a stupid ribbon by your name or not its a pointless meaningless icon especially at this point where you rarely see a single person without a ribbon.
It's about attitude, not fame dude

Trance Sawyer

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph´roth View Post
If you're honorable, people will honor you. No, not everyone. Though, there are many of us that understand the honor system exists for a reason, and we use it.

I have no problem myself for non english speaking players, as long as they try to communicate well and do not go the entire game without saying anything or responding to pings, generally if they deserve honor it will be given.

Though, you must understand this will make less people honor you. The game is a vast majority of english speakers, therefore some people will just be biased against you. I don't like it either, but its the world we live in. Some people are just giant butt plugs.
I manage english quite well though... enyway the "problem" I refer to is having a long conversation or sort of redaction messing up... redacting, whatever lol

Obviously I can use my english in game, I do by the way... although prefer playing with my "friends", we know each other, we all speak spanish, and we know now one will got mad because of a "ks", a "i don't wanna mid" or sort things like those I currently see a lot...

I think this game improved quite much, but it is getting us to play with proud people, or some kinds of person who just can't understand this is just a game...