? the Cyber Enthusiast (Not yet named)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phooferbar

12-08-2009

I imagine Malphite to be the Nature...ey type...

A tower repairing skill would completely negate any attempt at pushing towers until the entire team decides to lane up and push. Any damage done levels 1-X could easily be negated by a simple use or two of repair. Therefore, there is no point in even trying to push until everyone is farmed up. Feels like a substantial gameplay ruiner. As for simply being a heal, localize it.

The flying would be tight. However, you would have to allow for melee units to still engage the target, otherwise it would allow for invincibility against jungle creeps (Golem, wolves, Red Ghosts) as well as the enemy melee heroes. It makes sense that they wouldn't be able to hit him, but even so, facing a 5 man team of melee heroes with lame nukes (like Jax jump or anything Udyr can do) would be no contest. One would simply have to amp up their mana and mana regen and at the least just be distracting.

The ult simply appears to be abusive. Could one potentiall have all those buff? That would mean you would have a super, ranged, Yi running around with buffed up health, unimaginable crit chance and stunning attacks. Now if you can only have one of those buffs present at a time, then that would be fine. Surely you can see how that could get out of hand?

It's up to you to listen to other peoples' opinions. I don't think you should abandon the idea. I just think you are thinking a little too highly of your character. I haven't read a single Champion idea that wasn't blown out of proportion in one aspect or another.

Drake O Dagger

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooferbar View Post
I imagine Malphite to be the Nature...ey type...

A tower repairing skill would completely negate any attempt at pushing towers until the entire team decides to lane up and push. Any damage done levels 1-X could easily be negated by a simple use or two of repair. Therefore, there is no point in even trying to push until everyone is farmed up. Feels like a substantial gameplay ruiner. As for simply being a heal, localize it.

The flying would be tight. However, you would have to allow for melee units to still engage the target, otherwise it would allow for invincibility against jungle creeps (Golem, wolves, Red Ghosts) as well as the enemy melee heroes. It makes sense that they wouldn't be able to hit him, but even so, facing a 5 man team of melee heroes with lame nukes (like Jax jump or anything Udyr can do) would be no contest. One would simply have to amp up their mana and mana regen and at the least just be distracting.

The ult simply appears to be abusive. Could one potentiall have all those buff? That would mean you would have a super, ranged, Yi running around with buffed up health, unimaginable crit chance and stunning attacks. Now if you can only have one of those buffs present at a time, then that would be fine. Surely you can see how that could get out of hand?

It's up to you to listen to other peoples' opinions. I don't think you should abandon the idea. I just think you are thinking a little too highly of your character. I haven't read a single Champion idea that wasn't blown out of proportion in one aspect or another.
Uhhh... You do realize its EASY to get a 100% chance crit? Alister or Yi can crit every hit, and have max (or almost max in Alister's case with the experimental set-up I tried on Leaguecraft) attack speed, dishing out 2000+ (maybe even 3000+) damage in 5 seconds easy. This guy? Yes, if you spec him for pure melee. He's meant to be able to do... pretty much whatever you want to spec him as. Relying on that one ability to super-crit ONCE every 5 attacks isn't that impressive when compared to the likes of Yi, even if you DO spec range. And I will point out, Cybernetic Items that grant an increase to health: 2. Unless he stacks them, he's not gonna have very impressive Health, especially for a melee default champ. Indeed, he will probably be **** squishy for a melee champ. This is pretty much the ONLY way you could hope to go melee.

The Flight ability of this champ was an early (and failed) attempt at the mechanic. I hate this version, and no matter what it will never make it to the final version. I am STILL waiting for people to actually help me replace the passive and flight abilities, as i don't like EITHER on this guy. He was never meant to have them. The passive was a place holder till I came up with something better (still haven't) and I never wanted this particular champ to fly. I had another champ who was gonna do that, and they do it much better. I also forgot to specify that NEITHER can attack anything with an attack with a range less than 500 though. I'll go fix that on the newer champ with Flight.

The ult isn't nearly as powerful as you think. Ranged is up to the person who uses the champ. It can easily still be a melee champ, as was intended to be an option. Going ranged doesn't get you THAT big an advantage aside from the advantage to hit stuff further away and have to spend money on your weapon. Likewise, that's a **** expensive ult to use all 5 items. Though honestly, I didn't much like the Ult any more than I did most of the other abilities.

That's why I more or less scr-apped this champ, the idea was cool but I STILL have no idea how to make it satisfactory for myself, much less anyone else. The concept is sound, but I can't figure out how to make it WORK the way I want. That's also why I posted it on the forum, but no one ever commented on it till after I ran out of patience and started bumping the thing for like, a week, after I filled in all the stuff since no one was helping me.

EDIT: Oh, and for Malphite... It says in his lore that he "has always strived to live up to his full potential", and what could possibly help him do that more than a mechanical limb more powerful than his own?

EDIT2: Bah, almost forgot. The tower repairing skill. You do realize, its got a long cooldown, is expensive as all hell, and even when its working, it takes a **** LONG time to heal a significant amount? You can easily kill the tower even while its being repaired, so unless the tower is not being attacked, the best that will do is stall for a VERY short amount of time. Even at level 5, that's only 120 health per 5 seconds, and most champs can do that kind of damage well before level 5. It is, at best, an anti-push mechanic, and the entire reason it heals like it does is so high attack speed champs can heal quicker, which fits with the ones more likely to take more damage since they'll end up in the middle of combat more often.

Phooferbar

12-08-2009

/poke

I still like flying over terrain

PS: Call him Marcus (go watch Terminator 4[Whatever the new one is]) and make him look like the new Starcraft 2.. uh.. Jumping Terran units XD. (Avoiding copyright infringment of course...)

Honestly... You'd need to get in bed with a Dev to get anything like this in motion anyway :P.