? the Cyber Enthusiast (Not yet named)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drake O Dagger

11-26-2009

If you would be so kind, please post a suggestion for a Champion Name in your comments. I could really use the help.

This champion is actually rather unusual. I’ve seen concepts that use Speed for Mana, shape recognition for extra abilities, changing forms to have more powers, even specializing in GOLD for all the abilities. These are all great ideas, but one thing I haven’t seen yet is someone who uses ITEMS as their main trick. So, I thought to myself, how could I do that? Then the idea hit me rather hard: Cybernetics.

So, I thought to myself, how could I play that idea to the fullest? Well, first, I needed to make Cybernetic Items. That wasn’t that hard, and I have posted the items for this character (which CAN be used by anyone) here. Now, I figured that since they were so powerful, they all needed downsides to balance them out a bit, since I kept them relatively cheap. I will probably adjust the costs (both in gold and downsides) over time as people comment on them. However, no one would buy them at all if they were total garbage, so that led to the creation of a special Champion Passive that doesn’t actually replace the normal passive of a champion, but is an additional passive that gets its own spot, probably just on the buff section. There are 4 of them so far, as follows:

Cybernetic Fixation Disorder (CFD): This type of champion can use 4 Cybernetic Items with slightly reduced drawbacks (usually shortened time for downsides, or reduced chance for negative effects to occur). For each additional Cybernetic Item they get, they suffer a severe drawback on top of the Cyber-Cost. For 3 Cybernetic Items, on a Critical Hit, even if they don’t have Fortified Skeleton or ACSRBS, they have a 20% chance to suffer the Psychosis drawback of said items. For 4 Cybernetic Items, on a critical hit, that champion has a 50% chance to suffer the Psychosis drawback, and a 5% chance on a regular hit. For 5 or more items, they have a 100% chance to suffer Psychosis on a critical hit and a 10% chance on a normal hit.

EDIT: I decided to add on champions who could actually be used for the various Cybernetic Passives, so here we go.

Gangplank, Teemo, Tristana

Cyberphile: This type of champion could be said to have an obsession/addiction with Cybernetics, and can handle them better than most. The first Cybernetic Item you buy, you do not suffer ANY Cyber-Cost for. Then, every other Cybernetic Item you buy, you also suffer no Cyber-Cost for. However, in exchange, if you buy 1 Cybernetic Item, every other item you buy MUST be a Cybernetic Item. To make sure my meaning is clear, I’ll make an example: You buy Nano-Repair Bots as your first item. Your next item can be whatever you want, but the item you buy after that one MUST be a cybernetic item (and would also be your second Cybernetic Item if the second item you bought wasn’t also a Cybernetic Item, thus it would still have the Cyber-Cost).

Corki, Heimerdinger, Twitch

Cybertaker: This champion can take Cybernetic Items with far greater ease than most. She/he can take 4 Cybernetic Items without ANY Cyber-Cost.

Jax, Evelynn, Sion

Cyber-Enthusiast: This is the type of trait specifically for my champion. He (and any other champions who might get this) can take ANY number of Cybernetic Items without any Cyber-Costs.

Blitzcrank, This Champion, Malphite

So, there you have it, the core concept behind my champion. Now, let’s get to the part you really want.

-------

Statistics:

Health: 6/10
Attack: 5/10
Spells: 8/10
Difficulty: ?/10

Movement Speed: 300

Default is melee range.

--------

As a note, I think I'll be changing the passive to something else. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'll probably have something new up in a few days even if no one makes a suggestion, but I'd really like some help with this champion.

Passive - Cyber-Collector: You have a lot of experience buying cyber-items. Reduce the cost of Cyber-Items by an amount equal to 1% times your level, times the number of Cybernetic items you have.

Extra Passive – Cyber-Enthusiast: You can take ANY number of Cybernetic Items without any Cyber-Costs.

------------

Q Ability – Super Cyber Weapon: You are exceptionally skilled at using any Cybernetics you have to maximize your damage.

You attack target opponent, dealing your damage based on the number of Cybernetic Items you have to them. For each Cybernetic Item you have, you inflict 10/20/30/40/50% of your damage. If you use a Mounted Weapon, this ability can apply to it as well.

Mana: 35% of the damage inflicted. (This factors in how much the damage is reduced by for Armor and Magic Resist)

Cooldown: 6/8/12/15/20 secs

Range: Base range or range of weapon, whichever is greater

--------------

W Ability – Emergency Repair: You make a quick emergency call to your favorite mechanic, and in moments his repair drone arrives to service emergency repair to any mechanical creature/object.

After 6/5/4/3/2 seconds, a repair drone appears at target location with 400/600/750/900/1200 Health. It can be attacked by any champion, including allies. If the attacking champion has a cybernetic implant (or is otherwise mechanical), any damage they inflict to the drone is turned into health for them. A champion who is healed in this way cannot inflict more damage than they can heal. If the drone is summoned within 300 units of a tower, the drone attaches to the tower instead and heals it by constantly giving its health to the tower at a rate of 10% of its health every 5 seconds.

Mana: 120/180/225/270/360

Cooldown: 40/60/75/90/120 secs

Range: Global

-----------

E Ability – Undecided (Post comments with ideas for the final ability! When there are enough, I’ll start a contest to see what the community likes the most out of them!)

EDIT: Since its been 4 days now and still no one has come to comment on options for this, I have been forced to actually just fill it in with my own ability I had planned on using before I decided to try and make this fun to see if someone else could come up with something more interesting. So, without further delay, I give you Retractable Jetpack. You can still make replacement suggestions, as I don't really like doing this. I'd have much rather made it a Cybernetic Item.

Retractable Jetpack: A jetpack erupts from your back, allowing you to fly!

Ignore unit and terrain collision for 5/8/12/16/20 seconds as you fly over enemies and terrain. You cannot be attacked by anything with a range less than 500 units, and attacks that can have their effective range reduced by 300 units. You do not gain cover from being in the jungle unless you are at least 500 units away, even if a wall would be between you and another Champion. Movement Speed becomes 450.

Cooldown: 30/48/72/96/120 secs

Mana: .05 mana per unit moved.

----------

Ultimate – Cyber Super-Charge: This ability depends entirely on what Cybernetic Items you have. Based on those items, the effect of this ability changes.

A. Cybernetic S.R. Bio-Skeleton: Gain 400 Health, increase the amount of effective armor and magic resistance gained by ACSRBS by 30, and increase the amount of Damage and Ability Power gained by the item from +2 per 8 to +3 per 6.

Invisiware: For the duration of this ability, you do not lose any mana or time remaining for the use of Invisiware.

R.V.D.: Every 5 attacks, your next attack will have an 80% chance to crit, and if it crits it will have a 20% chance to stun for 1/2/3 seconds.

Prosthetic Legs: Gain 20% movement speed.

Internal Weapon Mount: Gain 50 damage if you only have 1, or 20 if you have 2. Double the attack speed of any ranged weapons, or increase your attack speed by 40% if you are not using a ranged weapon.

Most other Cybernetic Items: Increase all numeric values gained by the item by 20%.

Mana: 30/45/60 mana per item affected

Cooldown: 180 seconds

Duration: 15/30/60 seconds

Drake O Dagger

11-27-2009

Bump

BILL AND TEDS

11-27-2009

heh heh cyber....heh

Drake O Dagger

11-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL AND TEDS EXCELLENT View Post
heh heh cyber....heh
Could you actually comment on the champion? I really want to get this champion improved as much as I can before the next Champion Suggestion Contest.

Drake O Dagger

11-30-2009

Updated and bump. please comment!

LiveTeemo

11-30-2009

Very good idea but i dont think the idea will ever get implemented into the game. I wish it would but this is just way to complicated for how LoL is already set up and would require a big change to the already made heroes for this to work..

I just dont see riot doing this..

BUT its a great idea!!

Drake O Dagger

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh111 View Post
Very good idea but i dont think the idea will ever get implemented into the game. I wish it would but this is just way to complicated for how LoL is already set up and would require a big change to the already made heroes for this to work..

I just dont see riot doing this..

BUT its a great idea!!
What, exactly, would be a "big change"? From what I can tell, the "biggest" change is simply a minor backwards compatibility change adding the ability for certain champions to get a greater advantage from the items than others. I suppose balance issues may arise, but for the most part, despite what everyone says, I STILL don't see how this would be such a big issue. Its no more than they'd get from adding any other champion or item to the game.

Nikorasu

12-01-2009

Alright Drake =) I'm here as promised.

I really like your ideas, and I must say again after reading this that you have a great potential for building champions. I can see him (and the whole cybernetic mechanic) working on paper with some balance tweaks. Anyway, there are some problems with this suggestion that you must be aware of, which in my opinion are what keep people from commenting your ideas (which are structured well and well-written though).

First off, simplicity. Technologically speaking, I agree he's not a hell to code, because his mechanics are rather straight-forward for the most part (except maybe jetpack). However, the real problem is the huge amount of possibilities this champion has.

People can handle a "morphing" ultimate. They can handle a specific, innovative item-based mechanic. They could handle the exception of the double passive (not so sure when you apply it to every champion). They would maybe endure the inclusion of a true flying mechanic.

But please, not all of them at once.

While each specific mechanic from this champion is cool and innovative, all of them working together just isn't valid. Keep them for different champion suggestions, split them on themes so they stay coherent. As much as it is very important to be direct and simple when designing a logotype, suggestions should follow the same guidelines. Your champion is so revolutionary it just can't be. Not because it's impossible, but because things don't work that way.

I learned this the hard way through Vincadi. People liked him a lot, he was possibly the favourite, but ultimately he lost the contest because they were concerned about his inherent complexity. He was still much simpler than this champion, so that's not a good sign.

My second concern after simplicity, is the theme.

LoL is a pretty forgiving title when it comes to character themes. It as a bit of everything. Badass champions, cute champions, all of them ranging from fantasy to hi-tech, through steampunk, martial arts and many other.

However, there is something you probably have noticed. They have an equal "presence" in the game. Every general theme has it's own region, and they rarely invade each other or affect the surronding styles of play.

Your champion is a direct invasion to the theme "balance" found in the game. You ask for cybernetics to be given a protagonism no other mechanic has. You're asking it to be extended to every single champion in the game.

Cybernetics are cool, won't deny it. But they're not cool enough to share space with a main game mechanic such as passives. They aren't cool enough either to take over the store, and having a good chunk of the balance team working on them. Why should Corki and Blitzcrank have a net adventage over other champions? If you do that, you might as well want to include a new patch with "magic" and "martial" implants, and the amount of work increases exponentially.

So these are my reasons to say this champion can't be done. However, I'll give you some work to do: Take some of these awesome mechanics you designed and regroup them, making small champions with a definite theme and role, instead of a big all rounder. Make characters people can digest and comment accordingly. Then you will be succesful!

Phooferbar

12-08-2009

Decided to bold my additions so it would be easier to find them.

Cyber-Enthusiast: This is the type of trait specifically for my champion. He (and any other champions who might get this) can take ANY number of Cybernetic Items without any Cyber-Costs.

Blitzcrank, This Champion, Malphite

An avatar of a mountain or whatever would graft technological devices to himself, why?

------
W Ability – Emergency Repair: You make a quick emergency call to your favorite mechanic, and in moments his repair drone arrives to service emergency repair to any mechanical creature/object.

After 6/5/4/3/2 seconds, a repair drone appears at target location with 400/600/750/900/1200 Health. It can be attacked by any champion, including allies. If the attacking champion has a cybernetic implant (or is otherwise mechanical), any damage they inflict to the drone is turned into health for them. A champion who is healed in this way cannot inflict more damage than they can heal. If the drone is summoned within 300 units of a tower, the drone attaches to the tower instead and heals it by constantly giving its health to the tower at a rate of 10% of its health every 5 seconds.

Mana: 120/180/225/270/360

Cooldown: 40/60/75/90/120 secs

Range: Global

That's Imba as f---. 'nuff said.
--------------
E Ability – Undecided (Post comments with ideas for the final ability! When there are enough, I’ll start a contest to see what the community likes the most out of them!)

EDIT: Since its been 4 days now and still no one has come to comment on options for this, I have been forced to actually just fill it in with my own ability I had planned on using before I decided to try and make this fun to see if someone else could come up with something more interesting. So, without further delay, I give you Retractable Jetpack. You can still make replacement suggestions, as I don't really like doing this. I'd have much rather made it a Cybernetic Item.

Retractable Jetpack: A jetpack erupts from your back, allowing you to fly!

Ignore unit and terrain collision for 5/8/12/16/20 seconds as you fly over enemies and terrain. You cannot be attacked by anything with a range less than 500 units, and attacks that can have their effective range reduced by 300 units. You do not gain cover from being in the jungle unless you are at least 500 units away, even if a wall would be between you and another Champion. Movement Speed becomes 450.

Cooldown: 30/48/72/96/120 secs

Mana: .05 mana per unit moved.

That's actually pretty cool. Kinda like DOTA's Batrider just make it so you can still melee them to prevent being imba.
--------------
------

Ultimate – Cyber Super-Charge: This ability depends entirely on what Cybernetic Items you have. Based on those items, the effect of this ability changes.

A. Cybernetic S.R. Bio-Skeleton: Gain 400 Health, increase the amount of effective armor and magic resistance gained by ACSRBS by 30, and increase the amount of Damage and Ability Power gained by the item from +2 per 8 to +3 per 6.

Invisiware: For the duration of this ability, you do not lose any mana or time remaining for the use of Invisiware.

R.V.D.: Every 5 attacks, your next attack will have an 80% chance to crit, and if it crits it will have a 20% chance to stun for 1/2/3 seconds.

Prosthetic Legs: Gain 20% movement speed.

Internal Weapon Mount: Gain 50 damage if you only have 1, or 20 if you have 2. Double the attack speed of any ranged weapons, or increase your attack speed by 40% if you are not using a ranged weapon.

Most other Cybernetic Items: Increase all numeric values gained by the item by 20%.

Mana: 30/45/60 mana per item affected

Cooldown: 180 seconds

Duration: 15/30/60 seconds

You never cease to amaze me as to how Imba this **** can get.

Drake O Dagger

12-08-2009

I find it hilarious you think the powers I made that are balanced are not. Can you actually say WHY they are imbalanced? And you misunderstand the entire reason why ANY of the champs are in my list of what works with the Cybernetic Items. Malphite isn't an organic being in the normal sense, so why would he be bothered by having a mechanical arm; that's the real question you should be asking.

Unless you can give at least 1 (good) reason why those abilities are unbalanced, I'm afraid there is no reason for me to believe they are unbalanced, aside from your DISLIKE for the abilities, rather than their actual lack of balance. And this game is full of people who scream "OP!!" when they simply don't like something, or get their butt handed to them because of it. 'sides, I've already abandoned this idea as failed since I will never be able to satisfy anyone, as obviously the idea is too far out there for anyone to accept.