Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You get banned for being a nice guy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saint Latona

01-08-2013

Quote:
PoinTBlanK86:
Bump, this case clearly proves how broken the Tribunal is, and that the system itself does not work. There a million better ways to deal with the problems at hand then this system.

One case out of millions clearly proves that the Tribunal doesn't work at all. Right.

Daemon

01-08-2013

To the guy who said the player didn't say enough:

Watch any high ELO streamer, mostly the more popular ones. They never say anything all game, even if people specifically ask them. Sometimes they will, but not every game. They never say mia or ss.

Zaresin

01-08-2013

Quote:
Daemon:
To the guy who said the player didn't say enough:

Watch any high ELO streamer, mostly the more popular ones. They never say anything all game, even if people specifically ask them. Sometimes they will, but not every game. They never say mia or ss.

steamers use voice chat and rarely solo q on stream

XarcZai

01-08-2013

squack

LT Orange Juice

01-08-2013

This thread makes me want to cry at the world

PoinTBlanK86

01-09-2013

Quote:
Saint Latona:
One case out of millions clearly proves that the Tribunal doesn't work at all. Right.

You honestly are gullible enough to think this is the only case that goes through that is like this?...............Right.

The tribunal is a failure of a system. It punishes everyone for the slightest offense, and by random people that you can't even say should HAVE any authority to be deciding on if someone is worthy of being banned either. The whole system ineffective.

Jayrune

01-09-2013

The tribunals mechanical problem is randomness. It takes a random sampling of recent games which introduces the possibility of either 5 bad days showing and the other 20+ false reports being hidden or 5 false reports showing and 20 atrocious games getting hidden (my numbers are used for illustration). and then it takes a random sampling of tribunal voters, which introduces outliers in punish and pardon behaviors.

The psychological problem is it fuels the "us vs them" mentality, where people on the wrong end of the tribunal are already marked as "them" since it takes "so much" to land in the system to begin with, and effectively have to be proven innocent since the tribunal is so very, very good at weeding out the people who don't deserve to be banned. result, people who glance and then punish as soon as they see anything remotely negative, cause after all, it takes a ton of reports to get here in the first place, why waste my time reading the rest of the negativity right?

Koburoo

Recruiter

01-09-2013

Tribunal is best ban system

Absinthe

01-09-2013

poor guy

Polx13

01-09-2013

So i dont get it i read tips on not getting ban that this guy apparently follows and he gets ban HAHAHAHA OMG Riot is this some conspiracy for people who dont buy riot points??? Caus i havent and i get ban too for this type of cases i practically dont have faith in any server at all so im sticking with PBE and GG