New Free Champion Rotation (Preseason: Week 6)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felix Drake

12-25-2012

While there are those who have concerns about repeats and 450IP champs in the rotation, keep in mind, the free champ rotation should, Ideally, include champs that someone who JUST started playing can use to get their first few 450 champs, even if you and I have long since picked them up on the grounds of price alone.
Also, there is a good selection of of more expensive champions as well. Notably, Xerath, Hecarim, Viktor are all 6300IP and not for everyone (but fun for some). If I bought one of these (or for that matter, Orianna) and they did not suit my play style, I'd be very disappointed.

Would I, for my personal use, prefer a selection where every champ was at least 3150IP, as I have most if not all of the less expensive champs? Of course, but the free champs are not just for us, they are for those who have under 10 champs plus the freebies, have 450IP burning a hole in their pocket, and can't buy level 3 runes yet.
There ARE champions that seldom if ever show up in the free champion rotation, which I'm not fond of, and some which show up often (though keep in mind, they are there to provide a functional core for those with almost no champs as well as acting as a showroom to sell us the more expensive champs).

Overall, I would say this week's free champion selection has a few champions for most people at every stage of the game (except those who have EVERYTHING already, for whom the entire thing is moot).
Solid enough picks this week, I'd say.

Ions03

12-25-2012

If ur new to the game picking

Viktor / xerath / ori is a bad call for mid start with easy stuff Annie / Malz / ahri

Ppl have to learn how to play all the champs not just the cheesy bs ones

PrivateSecret

12-25-2012

hercim

nzlotniik

12-25-2012

this week is gonna have alot of intense and jungling. Love this week

wildheartX

Recruiter

12-25-2012

love this week riot thank you

Mendes224

12-25-2012

xerath again?

kraxk

12-25-2012

Yayyy :d

VangaurdXTP

12-25-2012

Ashe again...

AlmondFruit

12-25-2012

Orianna.

Cat Named Jesus

12-25-2012

Woot my lil' pony!!