Champion & Skin Sale: Save Snowdown!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Excalicur7

12-24-2012

Nice sale

4Ever Arthur

Recruiter

12-24-2012

•Then there’s little old me, Caitlyn. I’ve caught a glimpse of our mark once or twice, but he’s gone long before I swing my sights around to him. Maybe you can help? 395 RP

Caitlyn is 440 RP in the game! Not 395 RP!

DreadPirateLynx

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Ever Arthur View Post
•Then there’s little old me, Caitlyn. I’ve caught a glimpse of our mark once or twice, but he’s gone long before I swing my sights around to him. Maybe you can help? 395 RP

Caitlyn is 440 RP in the game! Not 395 RP!
And Kennen is 440 RP in the game! Not 487 RP!

Seriously, calm down. It's a difference of 35 cents assuming you buy RP $5 at a time, even less if you buy more at once. Not a big deal.

"But those 45 RP might be the difference between whether or not I can get something else that I want!"

Guess what: with the quantities of RP that you can buy and the prices of items in the store being what they are, you're ALWAYS going to have this problem. Get over it.

SS Jagdpanther

12-25-2012

hang on what ever happened to:

•A code redeemable for the exclusive Arctic Warfare Caitlyn skin in every issue! (redeemable in NA only)

or is making money more convenient than honoring the so called 'exclusive' Cait skin?

DreadPirateLynx

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Jagdpanther View Post
hang on what ever happened to:

•A code redeemable for the exclusive Arctic Warfare Caitlyn skin in every issue! (redeemable in NA only)

or is making money more convenient than honoring the so called 'exclusive' Cait skin?
Just because something is exclusive when you first buy it doesn't mean it's always going to stay that way. Just look at all the "exclusives" that game developers give you for preordering their games. A good number of those end up being DLC somewhere down the line. And as this seems to be something to do with a magazine, maybe it was only the giveaway that was exclusive (meaning no one else was giving away that skin at that time). I'm pretty sure I've seen that skin in the shop before now, though I could be wrong on that point

MangaBoy

12-25-2012

Why does it shows caitlyn's price in-game is 440 rp ?
;(

Seth Savage

12-25-2012

Got on my smurf to get Caitlyn with the 400 rp provided because the article says 395 rp. When she's really 440. I understand it should be 440 but the misleading article made me a bit sad =(

DreadPirateLynx

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangaBoy View Post
Why does it shows caitlyn's price in-game is 440 rp ?
;(
Because the prices in the announcement for both Cait AND Kennen were typos. Both champs should be 440 since Riot's sales are ALWAYS 50% off. Anyone who's been playing more than a month or two (probably even less with two sales a week) should know this, and should have expected the in game prices to be what they are.

Would I like to get Cait for 395? Sure, that's why I'm waiting to see what Riot does, but I'm not gonna make a fuss about it if they leave it as is.

EDIT: Speaking of which: If you're planning on buying Kennen better do it sooner rather than later. If they honor Cait's announced sale price they'd be well within their rights to change Kennen's price to the announced one as well.

Lone Leone

12-25-2012

440 rp caitlyn
but it says

Quote:
Then there’s little old me, Caitlyn. I’ve caught a glimpse of our mark once or twice, but he’s gone long before I swing my sights around to him. Maybe you can help? 395 RP
I got only 400 rp on my alt account and thought that i will get another adc because ashe is my only adc on my alt
so its sad

DreadPirateLynx

12-25-2012

Thinking about it, I've figured out what happened. Whoever wrote the sale announcement was basing the prices off what Kennen and Cait both cost before the recent price rework. Cait was 790 and Kennen was still 975. There's probably a quick reference sheet floating around the Riot offices that was never properly updated.