Do you think the time punishment for dodging should be removed?

Yes 16 45.71%
No 19 54.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Why getting punished for Que dodging should be removed....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ManaoKungPao

12-21-2012

So let me get this straight..because someone on your team in champion select is being insufferable, has troll picked, or is being an outright bad teammate right off the bat. If you dodge (which you will have to cause we all know that the troll won't), you get punished for his actions? I love the logic in this system.

Yes, I understand your totally valuable 5 minutes during champion select is wasted when someone on the opposing or your team dodges, but is that really something to complain about when the other person that just dodged just to save their ELO has to wait 30 minutes - 1 hour? Maybe it's just me but that really doesn't make much sense.

In order to make this a valid argument, I know, you have to see it from both sides of the field, but honestly, the pros simply do not outweigh the cons on this one. The dodge system is used for one thing, and one thing only, to AVOID games with people you do not wish to play against. So because you don't want to play said game with that person, you get punished for dodging. In a normal game, it's 5 minutes, in a ranked game is 30 MINUTES. Only to come back to reque and have another 60% probability to get matched up with another idiot just like the one before (considering how toxic this community is).

Yes, this is definitely a tl;dr post, but it is a SERIOUS issue that needs to be dealt with.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-21-2012

People dodge for other reasons too. People didn't get the role they want--they dodge. People's favorite champ gets ban--they dodge. Blitzcrank didn't get banned--dodge. Got counterpicked--dodge. Don't like team comp or a teammates pick--dodge.

The time penalty dodge exists to prevent these sorts of dodges.

Ultimately, the time penalty forces you to decide how important it is for you to dodge the match. If it's a guaranteed loss because someone on your team is trolling, the 30 minute penalty for dodging really isn't that big of a deal, right? Waiting 30 minutes is better than sitting in a 20 minute surrender because of a troll, right?

Jamie98s

12-21-2012

eh, I could check my teams stats on lolking and if I dont like their score I could just dodge until I get a better team

JevelFaithful

12-21-2012

^what pogo said. I guess they could reduce it... But it would need to keep a deterent effect. At least 15 min so that it's a close decision between playing and dodging.

chargelol

12-21-2012

The funny thing is, theres a 5 minute delay for normal dodges, but 30 for ranked...this just encourages more people to rage and more people to report to the tribunal. The ranked dodge timer should be reset down to the normal timer, to allow you to actually dodge for reasons without completely screwing you over

Mamie Jeadows

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargelol View Post
The funny thing is, theres a 5 minute delay for normal dodges, but 30 for ranked...this just encourages more people to rage and more people to report to the tribunal. The ranked dodge timer should be reset down to the normal timer, to allow you to actually dodge for reasons without completely screwing you over

Becuase its ranked, i reckon 10 minute instead of 30.

But ideally, there should be a vote to kick system when someone trolls and autolocks an adc although theres already one locked ect.

OR (I read this of a random thread)

You pick your roll before you que, but that has some problems for example someone picking a support, then going an adc and having a double adc.

I just wish everyone wasn't so stubborn about getting their roles. :'(

King Kappa

12-22-2012

Be glad you don't lose elo anymore. Stop being greedy and be glad there's a dodge system in the first place, what if Riot turns around and says "No more dodging, if you dodge before you pick then you'll be given a random champion and put in the game."

If that happens, your dodge turns into an afk, a loss of elo and probably getting reported by 9 people for afking.

On the other hand, if there's no punishment for dodges, the rate of dodging will go up for sure. Someone sees a champ they don't like on the enemy team, a ban they don't like, a champ they don't work well with and they'll dodge. Let's think: Shen is banned most games, there's a lot of people who like to play Shen. If all the Shen players decide to dodge every time Shen is banned, how often do you think you'll get to play? Never.

Pick your poison.

Blood of Oring

12-22-2012

I like the idea of being able to vote kick during champion selection. I do not like punishing myself b/c of a troll.

Maybe you only get so many vote kicks per day or something.

UnblestDevotee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

I believe that the vote kick system should be put in for ranked with either 3 or 4 votes to kick someone. I personally believe 3 wouldn't result in too many troll kicked cause you gotta have at least two people who didn't que together both agree to troll someone else.