AP Mages are losing their place in League

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jushiiro

01-24-2013

^

Jushiiro

01-27-2013

^

The SoulEmperor

01-27-2013

Taking someone out in one combo when not fed is straight up OP. I think AP mage should either:

Taking like 60%-70% health of non tanky bruiser characters in one combo, and at least 80%-90% of squishes. In return, all high damage skills should be skill shots thus dodge-able.

Or taking any non tanky out in one combo, but the cool down and mana cost of all skills is significantly increased. Like a nuker, and that is what mage should be like.

Jushiiro

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SoulEmperor View Post
Taking someone out in one combo when not fed is straight up OP.
Name any ap that is able to do this and I'll happily prove you wrong.

Zero Suit Senpai

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SoulEmperor View Post
Taking someone out in one combo when not fed is straight up OP. I think AP mage should either:
Almost all mages can gib squishy targets at mid game, even when not fed, provided they engage from a good position (as in, not near an enemy tower).

Jushiiro

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jushiiro View Post
Name any ap that is able to do this and I'll happily prove you wrong.
No bites I see

Yfrappefort

02-03-2013

Bump to see what people think of the new item for AP mid vs AD mid. I think it's great. I used it a couple of times VS Zed/Talon/Pantheon and it was very helpful at surviving the harass and countering.

Jushiiro

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfrappefort View Post
Bump to see what people think of the new item for AP mid vs AD mid. I think it's great. I used it a couple of times VS Zed/Talon/Pantheon and it was very helpful at surviving the harass and countering.
It's good for mids but ignores the core issues at play.

It will end up being an op item for top lane bruiser-APs that are already strong and end up getting reverted or made worthless.

Tommy Lee Brones

02-10-2013

necro

though in fairness, we were promised answers ;]

judgeshowtunes

02-10-2013

Dunno, I think it's not nearly as big a problem now. Black Cleaver nerfs seem to have finally gotten AP mages back into mid lane (and yeah, that's the biggest factor to it, imo).

I actually get questions and some complaints for taking bruisers mid now. Kinda odd after the last few months, but I think it's starting to change back. Bruisers are still good mid, but they always were, honestly. They just got stupid good when Black Cleaver first got reworked.