AP Mages are losing their place in League

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EzSkillshot

12-21-2012

I want this ElementzPro kid to teach me how unranked elo works because I trust him that bruisers are OP in his bracket.

ElementzPRO

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhugan View Post
What's more, give me an example of a bruiser with the utility of Orianna/Lux/Karthus/Anivia? I will wait here while you fail to do that. You can't do that because such a bruiser doesn't exist. Having to have a gap closer limits what their kit can contain.
Lee Sin has the attack speed slow of anivia and the knock back stuns so its pretty equal overall doesnt have the wall but thats made up for with the shield

Shen has an aoe taunt and the strongest ally shield in the game

Malphite has an attack speed slow another slow and an AoE knock up

EzSkillshot

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammystorm View Post
Yes this is true but the amount of mages that bring a good amount utility is low. I can think of only a few that have good AOE cc. Anivia, Karthus, Orianna, Vladimir. Other than that I can't think of any AP mage that can do more than there ad counterparts
Twisted fate, Ahri, Cass, Chogath, Kennen, Morgana, Syndra, Xerath.

Come on bro, I do this all day for you people.

EzSkillshot

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP Jessica SNSD View Post
maybe at your elo at my elo team was crying whole time because we had no Ap carry...
cus jayce and taric duo Q bot .... stupid caitlyn no read chat so had to go top
since team already 2 adc i might aswell go ezreal mid. GG? yep we won.
who need ap mages when u can have ADC's
Are you trying to brag about 1400s?
Rofl.

SmokingPuffin

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
The problem is that it doesn't. There's no reason to run anything but a single type of damage anymore. You could even run an all AP team, if AP champions came with the same kinds of benefits AD champions do. But they don't, so you can't.
The disadvantage to running all one type of damage has been lessened, but it's still there. Having a mix of damage types is still superior to having one damage type.

Sammystorm

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhugan View Post
There is a degree of build sacrifice on a team that runs 4 ad champions and a support. The other team can safely build a LOT of armor and hp, and that would more or less invalidate the opposing teams ability to deal damage.

What's more, give me an example of a bruiser with the utility of Orianna/Lux/Karthus/Anivia? I will wait here while you fail to do that. You can't do that because such a bruiser doesn't exist. Having to have a gap closer limits what their kit can contain.

And not all lanes are countered by throwing bruisers into a lane. Having a kill lane bot means both sacrificing having an ad carry AND hoping that you kill their ad carry/support often enough to take their ad carry out of the game. If you don't do that, then you have a problem, a big one.

You're talking like only bruisers are good, but a late game ad carry is still a terrifying thing to behold. Mid game, a good ap carry can melt just about anyone on the opposing team. There are lots of ap mids that do more in a teamfight than a bruiser could ever hope to do.

Can you make their lane harder by putting them against a bruiser? Sure. That doesn't invalidate the role. It just means that your team has to recognize where its strengths are and react accordingly, and know what your weaknesses are and do what you can to limit their exposure to the other team and build to minimize the impact of those weaknesses.
Yes this is true but you can just go with ad casters or bruisers in mid lane now. So the amount of mages that actually impact the game in a significant way is growing smaller and smaller. I can think of Anivia, Orianna, Lux, Karthus, and Vladimir

Risemix

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementzPRO View Post
Lee Sin has the attack speed slow of anivia and the knock back stuns so its pretty equal overall doesnt have the wall but thats made up for with the shield

Shen has an aoe taunt and the strongest ally shield in the game

Malphite has an attack speed slow another slow and an AoE knock up
I also never said by the way that ZERO mages can work mid lane against a bruiser. I said that the list of viable AP champions is going to begin dwindling very quickly.

Note: please read my posts. I have very carefully worded them to avoid these kinds of sweeping statements. It's very true that Anivia can stand up to many bruisers, for example.

Also, I do not believe bruisers will ever replace ad carries, because they offer too many late game advantages and offer high damage at range. It's still silly that sticking a bruiser in any lane makes the lane a lot easier to win though.

Kise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementzPRO View Post
The problem is there is literally no need for an AP champ anymore
Don't sound like a problem to me
>.>

ElementzPRO

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzSkillshot View Post
Twisted fate, Ahri, Cass, Chogath, Kennen, Morgana, Syndra, Xerath.

Come on bro, I do this all day for you people.
-One single target stun irelia has the same
-One single target taunt Shen has an AoE taunt
-Various issues hasnt been played competitively in a long time
-A bruiser
-Various issues hasnt been played competitively in a long time
-Ult easily avoidable with new QSS upgrade or just flash/dashes
-Burst mage not viable
-Burst mage not viable

Daddy Wang

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzSkillshot View Post
Are you trying to brag about 1400s?
Rofl.
no im sayin everyone mindset is must have ap carry mid