Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

5 Vs 5 Intermediate AI is a piece of ****

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lurkingpredator

12-21-2012

Don't play bots. PvP is way better.

Escondimorcho

12-21-2012

Quote:
Statiqhock:
I think it was your game. I never felt it. That or the bots indeed do this, but most player are just so powerfull that they don,t notice. In that case : it's you who should get better.

Once again i was talking about extrange game behaviors, and some things i have seen about the AI. If im better or worst than a bot is not what the post is about.
If you want to label or rate players as how they play, open another post.
I've played games against good human players or intermediate bots were things looked normal to me. I won and lost too. You can have good or bad games, but that is not what Im discussing in this post.
Thanks for the people who actually wrote about the AI issue.

Escondimorcho

12-21-2012

Quote:
lurkingpredator:
Don't play bots. PvP is way better.

Maybe you are right. Bots and AI sometimes are really unpredictable. As i said ont other replies, some game against bots are normal but some like the ones i played last days were really to squared and pure BS. Thanks for your advice.

Escondimorcho

12-21-2012

Quote:
Statiqhock:
Think someone is laggin a bit too much to be playing this.

Btw, I remember I read somethign, think it was sirlin.net, that mentioned some you learn when you program an AI. It sucks at making some "instinctive" and simple decision. Like the fog of war : weirdly, it's "hard" to make it judge the abscence of info realistickly. Either it will tend to forget really quickly that an enemy exist as soon as he loose sight. (like our bots with the brush, I think they're better at this now)
Or they might as well bypass the fog.
This was just an exemple he gave.

Thanks for the reply.
I know a few programmers, and what they all say is that if you want to program a good AI its really hard. Too much things to be aware of, also you have to design something that should look as "intelligent". Its hard to emulate human behavior. And its hard to make all this stuff in a short time, test it and release it. What programmers do is just make the best they can at that moment. After testing and releasing it they continue refactoring and polishing their code. That is the part i wanted to stress. As i could see on the last 3 games played was an squared AI, based on COM privileges. In order to make an stronger opponent COM uses it privileges like removing fog of war for his bots, or making his bots a little bit faster and stronger than human players. Anyway i hope Riot could improve this, i really dont want to play against so squared AI.

Friesguy

12-21-2012

The bot "hax" are just champion abilities. You're level 12 and still new at the game, and probably don't know all of the abilities of every single champ the bots use just yet. The more you play with and against certain champs, you'll see what their abilities are and what to do against them.

I was in the exact same boat as you. Intermediate bots would kick my butt, and I started thinking they were super hax. However, I started playing PVP a lot more, and once I played a bot game after a few dozen PVP matches, I never thought bots had "hax" again.

The only complaint about intermediate bots is their reflexes are perfect. It's not something that should be changed in my opinion though, since the bots have to be able to do SOMETHING.

Escondimorcho

12-21-2012

Quote:
Ballzofire:
excuses are like *******s. everyone has em and they all stink

Nice.
What does this have to do with the post?
Can you say something more constructive?
What if tomorrow you start getting problems playing against bots or humans?
Should all have to laugh at you? Should all tell you "get better"?
Or would you prefer a better answer?
Thanks anyway.

Asian Pichu

12-21-2012

Quote:
Escondimorcho:
Not smarter.
Read the post, especially the part were im telling about attacks not damaging or enemies having abnormal abilities.
By the way it was not just me, other 4 players suffered the same.

There are items in this game such as hextech gunblade, morello's evil tomb, etc. that all have an active effect. Those are probably the abnormal abilities. The way it works is you click on it, then click on your target, similar to a spell. The default keybinds is 1-6 on the top of your qwer. The lack of damage could be a lack of armor/magic penetration. Try getting a last whisper/black cleaver if you are ad based or a void staff/liandry's torment if you are ap based.

edit: If the enemy has tons of health, get a blade of the ruined king or liandry's torment for ad or ap respectively.

Escondimorcho

12-21-2012

Quote:
Friesguy Nuggets:
The bot "hax" are just champion abilities. You're level 12 and still new at the game, and probably don't know all of the abilities of every single champ the bots use just yet. The more you play with and against certain champs, you'll see what their abilities are and what to do against them.

I was in the exact same boat as you. Intermediate bots would kick my butt, and I started thinking they were super hax. However, I started playing PVP a lot more, and once I played a bot game after a few dozen PVP matches, I never thought bots had "hax" again.

The only complaint about intermediate bots is their reflexes are perfect. It's not something that should be changed in my opinion though, since the bots have to be able to do SOMETHING.

Maybe you are right. I dont know every champion abilities yet. Maybe those things im still unaware plus some lag sometimes, and a disorganized team gameplay helped to make things look worst than they really were. Anyway i was using Mercury treads plus Alacrity against a slowed "on the raging flee" Dr mundo and the guy left us behind like blind turtles.
Thanks for the reply.

Escondimorcho

12-21-2012

Quote:
Asian Pichu:
There are items in this game such as hextech gunblade, morello's evil tomb, etc. that all have an active effect. Those are probably the abnormal abilities. The way it works is you click on it, then click on your target, similar to a spell. The default keybinds is 1-6 on the top of your qwer. The lack of damage could be a lack of armor/magic penetration. Try getting a last whisper/black cleaver if you are ad based or a void staff/liandry's torment if you are ap based.

edit: If the enemy has tons of health, get a blade of the ruined king or liandry's torment for ad or ap respectively.

Thanks for the advice. I will try to include those items in the future. Also i will check enemy's gear for those abilities.

Doctor Bumble

12-21-2012

I agree with what much of OP has to say. Intermediate bots are completely dopey in laning but ridiculously coordinated later in the game. While I wish the bots would be redone to better emulate the PvP experience, I can see why that would be fairly low-priority on Riot's to-do list.