5 Vs 5 Intermediate AI is a piece of ****

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Escondimorcho

12-21-2012

Hey programmers can you put some little effort to improve AI for intermediate level on 5 Vs 5.
Your AI looks like the AI from 1985 old Atari games. You make it more difficulty by forcing the AI to hack, thus it appears more challenging for players.
Played 3 games and they were all stupid defeats, last game was a 5 positive votes to surrender. Instead of playing against a strong AI it looked like we were playing against a group of hackers managed by the COM.
Half of my attacks did not damage the enemies however they were hit. Slowing and stun spells cast against bots didnt work most of the times. Enemies carrying normal gear run more faster than player carrying same or better gear. Ultimate attacks from enemies were devastating, half or more hp loss for players, but when we attacked them the same way nothing happens. Really ultimate attacked lot of times against different bots and at least 5 times it did not produce damage at all, however my attacks hit those enemies.
If we moved towards a possition (after bots acquired level 6) all bot champions were there to ambush. Its was obvious that they were ignoring fog of war, this logic is like the very stupid AI from early games. If you really want to build an strong AI program, program it to fight against fog of war too. Just force AI to select 2 or 3 champions to move towards a location and set an ambush there, if no players passes nearby AI must relocate the ambush. Doing this is more nice and fair than set Ai to look (without fog of war) for players direction to locate an ambush at their destination. I saw this stupid Ai behavior lot of times, moved from base towards some lane and all champions changed direction towards me or my allies. This way we always got ambushed, it was really boring.
Can you change this stuff, or maybe tweak it a little.

RightClickYou

12-21-2012

If the bot AI is smarter than you, you need a lot more practice.

Cyryia

12-21-2012

Intermediate is easy mode
Buff bots plz

chomcham

12-21-2012

^this

JevelFaithful

12-21-2012

Think someone is laggin a bit too much to be playing this.

Btw, I remember I read somethign, think it was sirlin.net, that mentioned some you learn when you program an AI. It sucks at making some "instinctive" and simple decision. Like the fog of war : weirdly, it's "hard" to make it judge the abscence of info realistickly. Either it will tend to forget really quickly that an enemy exist as soon as he loose sight. (like our bots with the brush, I think they're better at this now)
Or they might as well bypass the fog.
This was just an exemple he gave.

Escondimorcho

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ustemuf View Post
If the bot AI is smarter than you, you need a lot more practice.
Not smarter.
Read the post, especially the part were im telling about attacks not damaging or enemies having abnormal abilities.
By the way it was not just me, other 4 players suffered the same.

Radinferno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

*never had a problem against any of the bots*

JevelFaithful

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escondimorcho View Post
Not smarter.
Read the post, especially the part were im telling about attacks not damaging or enemies having abnormal abilities.
By the way it was not just me, other 4 players suffered the same.
I think it was your game. I never felt it. That or the bots indeed do this, but most player are just so powerfull that they don,t notice. In that case : it's you who should get better.

aphronyaa

12-21-2012

Never had a problem with bots when it came to anything. It's like playing against people, except the people you playing against are headless chickens who you could beat by going 6 zeal Mundo.

Ballzofire

12-21-2012

excuses are like *******s. everyone has em and they all stink