Split Pushers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamelessFish

12-22-2012

Why is Fiora or Mord not on da list? Fiora is in the same boat as jax, minus the escape mechanisms, and mord pushes hilariously fast.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessFish View Post
Why is Fiora or Mord not on da list? Fiora is in the same boat as jax, minus the escape mechanisms, and mord pushes hilariously fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Second, a split pusher must not be a liability. They must have some way of dealing with the scenario where the enemy team decides to come get you. This tends to rule out most champions without escapes.
As I explained in the original post, there are three criteria.

Think of this thread as a workshop for figuring out who the tier 1 split pushers are. You can split push with Fiora or Morde, I suppose, but they're not going to be nearly as well suited for it as anyone on the list in the second post.

Jarvan is kind of in the boat where he'd be perfect for the list, but I'm afraid too often he's going to be an initiator for his team. Does anyone know for sure whether or not Jarvan's E attack speed buff is applied to minions or is it only champions?

Azellos

12-22-2012

Going to throw a new one out: Try Rumble. He clears minion waves very quickly with his Q/E, and he can over heat on tower to do a LOT of damage (as in i can actually push a t2 tower from 100% hp to 0 hp by myself in one wave at mid game).

Plus he's not easy to gank. He has a very long range AoE slow ultimate, a double slow E, and a speed boost from his W. It's amazing the escapes he can pull off.

XxxLumberJackxxX

12-22-2012

Olaf=teh god splitpushing?
Mundo used to be, probably still is

J4's split pushing power is bad, his teamfighting power is godly. Get with the team bro.

themaddscientist

12-22-2012

I think Twisted Fate can work really well as a split pusher, especially if you follow Siv HD's Atmog's Fate guide. He gives great team fight potential and split pushing this way and can be really effective no matter where he goes.

I also think that Nocturne could be an effective split pusher. His ultimate and q allow him to get to team fights quickly if he has to, his q and fear allows him to easily escape, and since you're most likely building him with attack speed, that helps to take down turrets quickly.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-22-2012

Yea. Twisted Fate was one of the champions I had on the list due to his Ultimate. The one thing I'd note about Twisted Fate is that you have to be careful about how far apart you and your team are--his ult's range is not unlimited.

Elder Schnelle

12-22-2012

With lvl 5 q, an olaf can instantly kill caster minions and almost kill melee minions with only ad from runes and w.

alaskaneagle

12-22-2012

I have often used rammus to split push. I farm up till I can get a thornmail and sunfire cape. Then I ult the group of minis at my minis till all or all but one or two are dead. Then I Q to the next wave bumping 3 of them, using w and letting them all suicide on me. Then it's time to move to the next wave often going past the turret till my mini's get to the turret then I go and take the turret down with w and ult.

the only champ that can 1v1 me at this point is the apc and if he comes I Q out and join the team in the team fight. If they send the adc to deal with me I kill him under his turret and take it down anyway. If they send 2 champs I Q out with around 95% success rate and they are weaker in the team fight which I will turn into 5v3.

my split pushers are teemo and rammus. I suppose could trynd also work but I haven't tried it to much with him.

sivir I do like prep, a lane to be split pushed since she clears the entire wave in 1 second with q,w. I've tried with nunu before... promote and blood boil don't make him any better.. he sucks at it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-23-2012

The problem with Rammus is the same as the problem with champions like Singed or Jarvan.

I'll certainly agree that he's very good at clearing waves, and the fact that his ult damages structures means he can knock down towers very quickly, but how often do you have a Rammus in a team comp with another initiator?

Olaf is a possibility here. His Q is very effective at clearing waves, and he can E some minions as he gets close to the turret to build up some AS from his passive to knock it down faster. Plus his R makes him completely immune to disables. I haven't seen an Olaf split push in action, so before I add him to the list, I'm going to either try this out for myself or get a lot more comments in terms of pros/cons for Olaf as a split pusher, keeping the three criteria from the first post in mind.

Qsario

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Yea, that was kind of my thought process on both of these champs.

1) Is Lee Sin going to be in team comps where he's not relied on as an initiator often enough to bother listing him as a split pusher?

2) To me, I don't think Singed is going to be on a team often enough that has another initiator... plus he's more like Shen... he's only particularly effective in keeping the minions pushed on the tower and slowly getting the tower taken out. The biggest difference is, he doesn't have a great way to get back to the team.
FWIW, I've seen a fair number of Singeds taking teleport.