Voice Chat, Good idea?

Yes, I want in game voice chat 3 60.00%
No, Voice chat is not needed 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

In-Game Voice Chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WiryJackal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Could one of the devs give me a status on this? Has Riot thought of it? Is it possible to implement it?

I guess I'm just sick of having to type when I play. If I could use my mic to talk it would be much more convenient and I think would be a great addition to the game.

I do see an issue that you won't have logs of the sound for The Tribunal if someone is harassing others. But in my experience, I've found that people are much less bold when they actually hear another person's voice.

WiryJackal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Bump

NinetyNineTails

12-21-2012

Reds have said that they're not entirely opposed to the idea, but they feel the availability of 3rd party voice chat solutions answers most of the need.

That is to say, they think that the real 'utility' of in-game voice chat would be for various forms of solo queue. And, though this is unspoken, they are unsure that given the nature of the LoL playerbase, giving people audio access to each other's speakers is really a good idea.

WiryJackal

12-21-2012

Thank you sir