Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xNameless

12-21-2012

Howdy

So, after rollin' through some ranked games, I feel like regardless of how well I do, my elo goes down, especially when my teammates throw the game.

I do not believe in elo hell, but I do believe I should be playing with other people of higher skill. I am aware when I do poorly and when I die, I often know why and I try to fix it.

Ultimately, my question is this: should I start rolling carries, so I can better play with players who are not as skilled as I am? Right now I play mostly tanky characters top/support, like Chogath, Singed, Blitz (when he's not banned -.-), Garen, etc. I think that if I play carries like Ez, Ashe, Tristana, Tryndamere, Ryze, etc that I can have a better impact on the game.

Any thoughts? My last 5 games, I've had a high KDR and we still lose, and my elo goes down. I hate being punished for my teammate's mistakes.

I know this is a team game, and by nature it's hard for Riot to truly measure individual skills. But I really get the sense that win/loss is the only determining factor in elo, which is why I feel like I'm having this problem.

Any (constructive) input is much appreciated.

-xN