Need help facing Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UgIierBetty

12-21-2012

I am not very good at the game yet, obviously: I am only level 26.

I've started playing LeBlanc, who apparently is a great counter to Katarina, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.

Every time I try to silence her, she teleports behind me so that I can't get my mouse back over her in time, and then she hits spins to win and I die. (Don't flame, I've only had lb for like 2 days).

And then after the laning phase she's snowballed and proceeds to 1v5 our whole team every time we re-spawn. (Even though it's lb's job to shut down their snowballers... I am able to do this against most champions, but never Katarina).

I would really like to know how I am supposed to shut her down early game. Again, if I ever I get close to her she teleports behind me and kills me before I have the chance to silence her.

Are there any strategies I can use? I was thinking maybe distort over to her and bait out a shunpo, and then attack after it's on cooldown? I don't know if that would work, though. I've never tried it.

adc

12-21-2012

After she Shunpos, she's helpless for a bit. Kill her then.

That said, you said you have trouble moving your mouse back over her - and herein lies your problem. This isn't some dinky FarmVille game. You need to be able to snap your mouse around the screen accurately if you want to do well.

Honestly, I'd suggest practicing your mouse speed and accuracy. Get good at being able to snap it around.

UgIierBetty

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
After she Shunpos, she's helpless for a bit. Kill her then.

That said, you said you have trouble moving your mouse back over her - and herein lies your problem. This isn't some dinky FarmVille game. You need to be able to snap your mouse around the screen accurately if you want to do well.

Honestly, I'd suggest practicing your mouse speed and accuracy. Get good at being able to snap it around.
lol yeah you're right.

I use the track pad on my laptop. Is that bad? :P

All Delete

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgIierBetty View Post
lol yeah you're right.

Use a mouse. Learn and get familiar with smart casting.

Pre 6 just farm and harass with W and Q since LB cant farm to save her life.

Post 6, Q R W and E or Q depending on cooldowns.

DragnDave

12-21-2012

Kass is a good counter to Kat.

adc

12-21-2012

Quote:
lol yeah you're right.

Let's just say I'd rather eat a dead baby smoothy than play League with a trackpad.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-21-2012

Quote:
You can buy a USB mouse for $5.99.

SilverEphraim

12-21-2012

Other than her insane burst, it's important to realize that the reason LB is a big counter to Katarina is that she can safely dash outside of Death Lotus' range within a very short time. With good reactions, you'll get hit by maybe 5 of the daggers which, while it will probably still hurt, is only half of the full damage of her ultimate. If you don't have the precision to snap right to Katarina and target her after she Shunpos, focus on getting out of her range, using even your ultimate if you have to. LeBlanc's ultimate is on a shorter cooldown than Katarina's, if she doesn't get a kill while it's on cooldown. A good LeBlanc may be able to shut down a Katarina just because she negates her the ability to use her full burst, even if they get outplayed, if that Kat is going more for kills than farm.

And of course, like with most mids, if the Katarina tries to farm with her auto-attacks, punish her for it. Make her scared to farm with anything other than her Q, or even with that, if you can put enough pressure on her.

This is coming from the perspective of a Katarina player, not a LeBlanc player, so I may not be 100% accurate, but I hope this helps.

Charcole

12-21-2012

First off, yes you need a real mouse. I would rather watch streams and learn more about the game from pro's rather than attempt to play w/o a mouse. Secondly, although yes one of the main reasons LB is a counter to kat is you can (w) out of her ult range, the more important thing is you can shut kat down early and not let her snowball. While farming, look at the health of your own creeps, when they get low kat will want to come in to last hit, (w) in, (Q) kat and (E) if there are no creeps in the way, then (w) back.

If you watch good LB players, they can perform this move in about a half a second, and kat can't react because by time you've done your damage, you are out of range. I don't remember the cooldown on this but you will be waiting for your W. Everytime kat goes for a minion rinse and repeat, or just Q kat if your W is on cooldown. I would actually focus on this a little more than last hitting because this will force kat to recall and you can free farm.

This will shut kat down pre 6. Then once 6, W in, Q-R-E, W out. You will do atleast 75% damage to kat this way at 6

ragnaraq

12-21-2012

I love playing LB and wreck kats all the time. A typical battle against a kat as lb. Press Q, Press R, there's a silence, press W, another silence. If she's not dead by then, press E, a stun, and Q. If she's not dead, she's super mega tanky kat. And boom, she's dead. And all you felt was maybe her Q and some minion casts. If she ults you, W away or stun her. When her ult is done, W back in, Q R E. And if you have problems with her shunpo, wait for her to use it, then stun her. GG you've won a lane.

P.S. get a mouse