Anyone else think Malz is bs on Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A12MO12

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
Amumu walks all over anyone bot lane after BFT. Even if you get caught in Malz ult, just make sure you're standing next to him and your tears will probably hurt him more than he hurts you.
Clearly you have never faced anyone with range. Urgot, cassio, and zyra come to mind that would wreck amumu 1 v 1.

IF amumu can gap close yeah he does quite a bit of damage, but if you have champions with exceptional range and wave clearing there is no need ot get close and you can harass from range all day.

naotasan

12-23-2012

The only thing bs about Malz is when he's not on my team. D:<

AK47WOLF

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post

You only get a certain number of minions per wave. Your pushing power needs to reach a certain threshold, after which any extra pushing power is completely irrelevant. If you can push 3 times better than being able to clear minions without letting them touch your point, you aren't impressing anyone.
wat?

Damieh

12-23-2012

No no and no. First of all malz does run oom even if you time your e to hit two waves (and that's not smart because he need sthe voidling/muramana charges). AD Malz has lots of counters and there are better champs bot. The thing about AD malz is that he doesn't have ITEM counters. You can't build versus an ad malz because he will buy the item that counters yours due to the 3k gold difference he gets from lasthitting. Please don't buy QSS because it's the stupidest thing ever unless you're riven (silly matchup that gives malz trouble... it doesn't counter him though, especially lategame) and a couple of more champs but I don't wanna think right now cause I'm sleepy.

There are lots of counters to ad malz, the tricky thing with him is that he beats GREAT champions bot (he can stand vs yorick, beat jayce and jax easily, urgot, good matchup vs nunu etc), but he loses to "stupid" matchups that no one gets for bot (zyra/ahri bot for instance which are rare).

He also doesn't handle swaps nor ganks very well.
Notice that I didn't talk about AP malz because there's no reason to be an AP malz bot unless you're facing certain champions that counter AD malz but AP malz can hold bot.

tl;dr Malz is not stupid on dominion. Not even close.

Das Strychnine

12-23-2012

Don't think he beats Yorick Damieh, and I've beat very experienced AD Malz as Nunu, granted that they should have been more focused on outpushing me then killing me but beat them none the less.

AD Malz will give a lot of problems to AD Carries who just don't have the damage or burst to deal with him once he gets Frozen Heart, he will give a lot of problems to melee champions who don't have mobility, like Darius for example or short ranged Mages with low ability to push like Ryze, he's not unbeatable thou, not even close. Yorick, Urgot, Nunu, Jayce, Jax AND Riven imo are a lot stronger then him.

ManPandas

12-24-2012

Really? My best Played champ on dom is yorick and I feel like Malz curb stomps me iether ad or ap. he gets free jumps off your ghost, so out pushing him next to impossible. And his silence wall shuts down any attempt to kill him. On top of that if you get the drop on him, he can supress you low enough to win the duel.

Maybe early in the game youve got hope. If youve got maxrank red ghost, and hes not maxing the wall first - you can sneak some kills in. Maybe take fhe first quest. But after level 14 his high level kit is so good at beating you. After tgat youre playing for the stalemate in bot with everything youve got.

Damieh

12-24-2012

Thanks for the answers!

I agree, that's why I said that he can STAND vs yorick but he can't beat him unless yorick fails. If you play malz correctly yorick won't ever cap bot and in really late game (say if the game is 75 - 75) you WILL beat him with your full inventory (at least in my experience).

About nunu: What I meant that he had a good matchup vs nunu its not that he beats him, but he can let the minions come to his own tower so he will be able to stack minions all the way to the other tower. Nunu will be forced to use his eating thingy on your voidlings and therefore won't be able to stop the neutral capping of the minions unless he ults due to him not having another aoe.

Long story short, he can stand vs yorick and has a good matchup vs nunu but cannot beat them as he beats other great champs. What I meant by malz having weird matchups was that, that he can stand vs those and beat other REALLY GREAT champs bot but he loses to stupid stuff.