Anyone else think Malz is bs on Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foonakie

12-21-2012

Normally he'd be fine, but along with Kassadin, having near unlimited mana is redic.

He can push extremely hard (hardest maybe?) and with his ult it makes it near impossible to beat him in lane.

I suppose the only trick i could use is QSS.

tl:dr near unlimited mana paired with Malz abilities to push and dominate bot lane is too strong.

Redenbacher

12-21-2012

Assassins, or really anyone that can close the gap with him will destroy him fairly handily. QSS is the most obvious counter because the CD is up before Malzahar's ultimate.

His pushing ability and complete lack of escapes leaves him open to ganks.

AD Malzahar is a different beast entirely, but he relies heavily on his minions to deal damage. If you have a champion that can eliminate those quickly, you should be able to stalemate the lane.

konfetarius

12-21-2012

See, the fun thing about bot lane, is that Malz is not the only mage who gets hilarious pushing power due to having infinite mana.

You only get a certain number of minions per wave. Your pushing power needs to reach a certain threshold, after which any extra pushing power is completely irrelevant. If you can push 3 times better than being able to clear minions without letting them touch your point, you aren't impressing anyone.

Tempestphile

12-21-2012

Malz is so freaking strong, yes, but Kass is blatantly OP

NamKim

12-21-2012

I remember the first time I went against AD Malz.

"Does this guy even have a cd?"

I knew that AD Malz existed. I didn't know he could infinitely spam his spells like that.

MajorUrsa

12-21-2012

Buy a QSS, then laugh at him. If he's giving you trouble, hes extremely easy to gank in lane so ask your top team for a gank if hes pushing you down too hard.

FOODFOOD

12-21-2012

The thing about Malz is, he pretty much forces you to buy a certain item, and he needs to be ganked no matter what. It's very very difficult to push him out of lane.

However, ganks and that one item do counter him, very hard. AD Malz doesn't have to worry about QSS as much, but getting ganked hurts worse since you can't utilize your aoe as much. Voidlings don't play nice vs 2 targets.

General Quackers

12-21-2012

Just take Amumu bot lane and rush into BFT + MR.

FDru

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
Just take Amumu bot lane and rush into BFT + MR.
And then die horribly? There is nothing that gives Amumu an advantage over Malz, AP or AD.

QSS doesn't even really counter AP Malz anymore (aside from the MR). If you know they have it, just save Ignite and Malefic Visions for after they use it to break your ult, and before they get out of range, and you lose hardly any damage.

AD Malz is a totally faceroll broken build and always has been, but it's 100% because of the infinite mana from the aura and health relics. That build is not even remotely viable on SR without being fed constant blue buffs.

General Quackers

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
And then die horribly? There is nothing that gives Amumu an advantage over Malz, AP or AD.

QSS doesn't even really counter AP Malz anymore (aside from the MR). If you know they have it, just save Ignite and Malefic Visions for after they use it to break your ult, and before they get out of range, and you lose hardly any damage.

AD Malz is a totally faceroll broken build and always has been, but it's 100% because of the infinite mana from the aura and health relics. That build is not even remotely viable on SR without being fed constant blue buffs.
Amumu walks all over anyone bot lane after BFT. Even if you get caught in Malz ult, just make sure you're standing next to him and your tears will probably hurt him more than he hurts you.