Nerf Vi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OakbingNoona

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrock View Post
So, what you're saying is that she is weakened when she doesn't have her ult. Guess what half the champs in game are based on their ults for their burst/role. Olaf without an ult is a joke who can be shut down. Darius without an ult, non-existant. I can go down through the list of champs who are based on ults, but seriously having "oh she's dependent on an ult for most of her dmg" that's what the ults are FOR. Champs are BASED on their ults. So, that's a very weak argument. Also, Riven has no bigger of a gap closer. Most times you use a gap closer is to engage a fight that you're going in to kill the person. So what is has a bit of a cd (not that long tbh for a gap closer that big) when it's used to go in and dive. Also her passive is a really strong shield that you get ontop that charge. I'd much rather have Vi any day than Riven for the sheer fact she A) cleaves as good B) does a % hp on hits C) has a crazy gap closer ON TOP of a Malph ult. You can't stop her from getting on the carry and I can tell you from experience any half-way decent Vi will destroy a carry unless you've got stuns going on her the second she gets out of the ult. But then you have their carry pentaing because you have to focus Vi. She is super strong and she's going to be nerfed for that fact. I think she isn't as op as Darius pre-nerf, but she is definitely better than Diana who just got smashed in the face with nerf hammers.
When did I say she depends on her Ult for damage. I said she depends on her ult for half her chasing abilities. Unlike Riven, etc, VI can only really chase ONCE, because of the longer cooldowns, meaning if u miss them once you might as well go back. She does %hp damage that's true, but only if she manages to hit the same guy 3 times. Against a very evasive opponent, that can be quite difficult no? When chasing, how many times you think they'll let you hit them 3 times in a row? And her "really strong shield" is only 10% of her max hp for 3 seconds, and it's not even gonna be useful for someone that only builds AD and no HP. They have to build pretty bulky for it to be worth much. I'll type more when I get back from work but seriously, I don't see how she's overpowered but I'm not saying she's under powered either. You need to read my posts more carefully D:

majana99

12-21-2012

I honestly think that Vi isn't that good. If people are bad enough to get hit by her q ( which is easy to dodge if you see her charge up) then you should get killed by her. I feel like other than her ultimate, which is great for targeting the carry during team fights, her other two abilities are eh at best. It seems like she lacks presence other than the fact of her ultimate.

OakbingNoona

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by majana99 View Post
I honestly think that Vi isn't that good. If people are bad enough to get hit by her q ( which is easy to dodge if you see her charge up) then you should get killed by her. I feel like other than her ultimate, which is great for targeting the carry during team fights, her other two abilities are eh at best. It seems like she lacks presence other than the fact of her ultimate.
Exactly. I don't understand why people assume the Q will hit 100%, it takes some aim and timing and it's so blindly obvious that people would know to run when they see her charging up.... Her Q also hits for ALOT less than even a normal Q from other champions if not charged fully, which makes it only half a skill if you dont have time to charge....

VG LordMidKing

12-21-2012

Vi has one of the most hit and miss (get it, no?) early games of the top laners. then she hits mid and is a great team fighter being able to neutralize a carry for almost 1.5 seconds in a fight, and she's not even the most broken champ to date!