Nerf Vi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaveTheMaids

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Level 6 will generally be well before you can farm up 2 fairly-costly Tier 2 items.
Not that I've played with or against Vi at all. Just saying.
I'm not sure how much stronger/weaker the towers are on SR, but on TT (3s) she can tower dive as early as level 3.

It must be her passive, because I can't even tower dive like that with Jarvan pre 6.

I actually have to build health or armor before I can dive (unless flash is up).

She just waltzes to bot lane, kills a target with nearly full hp under the tower, then gets out alive.
It that isn't OP, it's certainly strong and only promotes 3s snowballing even harder than before.

Zeff520

12-21-2012

Heimerdinger!

Sir Bulldog

12-21-2012

The fact of the matter is that Vi will probably get nerfed whether we want it or not. Riot has the habit of releasing heroes and then nerfing them a few weeks later.

lockpooh

12-21-2012

I've gone up against her as Morgana, Wu Kong, Darius, Singed & Vlad. I've also played where she was on enemy team, but not in my lane. She fed or allowed us free farm every game.

Playing mid while this Vi tried to jungle and camp mid, she didn't do much at all to me. Despite camping, my lane was won. Haven't seen the "OP" yet. But I do duo queue to ensure one of us goes top so we don't end up with a feeding Vi. Sadly we sometimes end up with a feeding jungler Vi.

SacredWinds

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgIierBetty View Post
I do notice a problem with her.

I saw a game with her, and she was shut down hard early game. She was killed multiple times, didn't get a single kill, and got her turret pushed down easily.

She then, with absolutely no feeding, proceeded to get 12 kills in a row and carry her team.

I say it's a little unfair since she shouldn't be so good even after getting "shut down." :/

Didnt get a single kill and was shut down, then suddenly got 12 kills in a row. Hmmm seems a little suspicious, no?

Eloquid

12-21-2012

That ***** is op. Every noob is getting like 10/1 in their first game.

OakbingNoona

12-21-2012

uh..... I really love these kind of threads that just claims she's op and uses just ONE example that's probably more due to player skill difference vs. actual unbalanced champion problems. First of all, if you guys haven't noticed yet Vi is really limited to her skills for chasing/ ranged attacks. And we all know that she unloads all her skill at a very short burst, meaning after that it's all up to her Auto attack, which I don't think is that op at all. The fact that she can be stopped well before she can utilize all her skills/ passives when her opponents have CC as well as her having huge disadvantages against ranged champs when there's not a plenty amount of minions around is also saying she's really not that overpowered. I mean, come on, she basically has to chase up to u and get in your face before she can dish out all those damage, and if she gets sniped out before she even gets to you, or if she misses her super long cooldown Q, she's basically screwed with no real escape. How is that OP? She can't just dunkmaster the **** out of everyone like Darius, she's probably focused down before she can even do half as much as dunkmaster. So seriously, drop the OP talk, she's not even that OP. And on the side note, her E only adds a little bit more to her base auto attack damage, not bonus attack, so it's really not that great save for the aoe attack which she obviously need or she'd be pretty much useless...

So all in all, I don't believe her scaling on her skills or her skills in general is OP, they're pretty balanced out right now and if you lose to her 10/1, then really think about whether or not your skill level at league is on par with the person playing Vi.

Flagrock

12-21-2012

The only problem that I have with Vi is all the gap closing/range. I've had her go from the bushes in mid to the other bushes in a single charge... no other champ has that kind of mobility. Also, her blow that goes through minions is as far as 75% of the ranged champs... so why does her punch going through someone have the same range as Graves? That's my only problem with her is she has the gap closing potential of Riven with a cleave that has crazy range and a Malph ult. Anyone see a problem? She is the best anti-carry ever. Her shield is "based on hp" but I've had a lvl 2 Vi turret dive a Sona/Tristy and win.

Vi is the best anti-carry in this game. You complain "oh darius olaf riven etc. can do that", but I can tell you for a fact playing against them they don't have the crazy gap closers that Vi has. Olaf has to run in and without ghost you can out run him pretty easy. Darius kite and he's down. Riven a silence or stun she's dead because you must combo her gap closing. Vi, oh wait charge up for 2 seconds and you're in the AD carry's face. Wait, you just knocked the whole team away from the AD-carry as you just totally destroy her. See the problem... She is super strong on the level that Diana was on when she came out. Don't say that when anyone half-way decent can destroy on Vi.

OakbingNoona

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrock View Post
The only problem that I have with Vi is all the gap closing/range. I've had her go from the bushes in mid to the other bushes in a single charge... no other champ has that kind of mobility. Also, her blow that goes through minions is as far as 75% of the ranged champs... so why does her punch going through someone have the same range as Graves? That's my only problem with her is she has the gap closing potential of Riven with a cleave that has crazy range and a Malph ult. Anyone see a problem? She is the best anti-carry ever. Her shield is "based on hp" but I've had a lvl 2 Vi turret dive a Sona/Tristy and win.

Vi is the best anti-carry in this game. You complain "oh darius olaf riven etc. can do that", but I can tell you for a fact playing against them they don't have the crazy gap closers that Vi has. Olaf has to run in and without ghost you can out run him pretty easy. Darius kite and he's down. Riven a silence or stun she's dead because you must combo her gap closing. Vi, oh wait charge up for 2 seconds and you're in the AD carry's face. Wait, you just knocked the whole team away from the AD-carry as you just totally destroy her. See the problem... She is super strong on the level that Diana was on when she came out. Don't say that when anyone half-way decent can destroy on Vi.
I'd like to see that "move from one bush to the other with just her Q in mid", her charge doesn't even go that far if she stayed at where she was in the bush from the other side of the river. Secondly, you say that she has crazy gap close, that's ONLY if her ULT is still up, and her Q at lower levels takes FOREVER to cooldown. Compare that to Riven, she can Q 3 TIMES and cover more ground for gap closing ON TOP of her E, which runs on a even LESS cooldown than her Q and can also gap close. That's basically TWO short chaser skills vs. Vi's one ULT and Q that takes a long time to cooldown and charge. You also mentioned the potential she has in a team fight, but that's only if nobody on your opposing team see her charging and the threat to come and did not do anything to stop her. I mean seriously, if you are so slow as to not notice her charging up for like 3 seconds and moving towards your AD carry, then why would you blame anyone for losing a team fight? I still don't see how she's overpowered, provided that she only has 1 full combo with her ult every 120-70 seconds or so. Without her ult she's greatly crippled in the "super gap close" you are talking about.

Flagrock

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakbingNoona View Post
Secondly, you say that she has crazy gap close, that's ONLY if her ULT is still up, and her Q at lower levels takes FOREVER to cooldown. Compare that to Riven, she can Q 3 TIMES and cover more ground for gap closing ON TOP of her E, which runs on a even LESS cooldown than her Q and can also gap close. That's basically TWO short chaser skills vs. Vi's one ULT and Q that takes a long time to cooldown and charge. You also mentioned the potential she has in a team fight, but that's only if nobody on your opposing team see her charging and the threat to come and did not do anything to stop her. I mean seriously, if you are so slow as to not notice her charging up for like 3 seconds and moving towards your AD carry, then why would you blame anyone for losing a team fight? I still don't see how she's overpowered, provided that she only has 1 full combo with her ult every 120-70 seconds or so. Without her ult she's greatly crippled in the "super gap close" you are talking about.
So, what you're saying is that she is weakened when she doesn't have her ult. Guess what half the champs in game are based on their ults for their burst/role. Olaf without an ult is a joke who can be shut down. Darius without an ult, non-existant. I can go down through the list of champs who are based on ults, but seriously having "oh she's dependent on an ult for most of her dmg" that's what the ults are FOR. Champs are BASED on their ults. So, that's a very weak argument. Also, Riven has no bigger of a gap closer. Most times you use a gap closer is to engage a fight that you're going in to kill the person. So what is has a bit of a cd (not that long tbh for a gap closer that big) when it's used to go in and dive. Also her passive is a really strong shield that you get ontop that charge. I'd much rather have Vi any day than Riven for the sheer fact she A) cleaves as good B) does a % hp on hits C) has a crazy gap closer ON TOP of a Malph ult. You can't stop her from getting on the carry and I can tell you from experience any half-way decent Vi will destroy a carry unless you've got stuns going on her the second she gets out of the ult. But then you have their carry pentaing because you have to focus Vi. She is super strong and she's going to be nerfed for that fact. I think she isn't as op as Darius pre-nerf, but she is definitely better than Diana who just got smashed in the face with nerf hammers.