Possible League of Legends art theft?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OlmStranger

12-21-2012

So I opened up Facebook, as you do, only to see an advertisement for a game that was using a picture very similar in appearance to Frozen Shen. Not sure where to bring this up but the Art Feedback section makes sense.

Hope I've attached it properly. Anyway, thought I'd let Riot know somehow so they can look into it.

Stitcher

12-21-2012

Frozen Shen actually looks a lot like Subzero from Mortal Combat, so there's a really good chance that's what the game is ripping off instead of Riot's art

A lot of League's champions take inspiration from outside sources anyway (i.e. Nautilus = Big Daddy from Bioshock, Talon = Ezio/Alta´r from Assassin's Creed, Rengar = Predator and Kha'Zix = Alien... I think Volibear was inspired by one of the characters in The Golden Compass, and several of the original 40 champions are loosely based around DoTA champions, IIRC), so it would at the very least seem hypocritical for Riot to pursue legal action for intellectual property theft. Hell, I'd personally be a little proud of myself if other people are ripping off my company's character ideas.

NinetyNineTails

12-21-2012

I think that's actually Shen, though. It's got his little brow frill thing.

The Climax

12-21-2012

Riot gets "inspiration" from all sorts of other video games. Unknot your panties.

When I'm around friends I actually had someone point to Shen and ask, "Are you playing Mortal Combat or something?"

Riot is source of 0 original ideas. Thinking this game can be stolen from is hilarious.

UrsaMinor

12-21-2012

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...zenSkin_Ch.jpg

Now all you noobs can stop saying it isn't stolen.

OlmStranger

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Climax View Post
Riot gets "inspiration" from all sorts of other video games. Unknot your panties.

When I'm around friends I actually had someone point to Shen and ask, "Are you playing Mortal Combat or something?"

Riot is source of 0 original ideas. Thinking this game can be stolen from is hilarious.
If you'd take another look at the title to this thread, I do say it's "possible". I don't know, and thats why I'm bringing it to their attention so the people who know better can make the final judgment. I know they take inspiration from other work, I also know Shen is similar in appearance to Mortal Combat's work.

OlmStranger

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsaMinor View Post

I didn't take time to check, but I did assume it was either fan art or Chinese splash art they were using. So now we've got some proof.

owlmazing

12-22-2012

Grab ye pitchforks, knaves! Tonight we diiiine in cooouuuurt!

DingoRabiit

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsaMinor View Post

Totally stolen

xHeimtechZX

01-06-2013

Don't forget the Brand one too -3-