afk in ranked should be perma ban!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmegaTurtle

12-20-2012

If u afk in ranked it should be perma ban. IDc if ur wife is having her baby, u should of thought of that before u started a RANKED game. You see football players afking? Nope, cause they aint got keyboards!

Shadowed Ruby

12-20-2012

Wife not even pregnant, oop, having a baby mid ranked game.

Emergencies aren't exactly something anyone plans, and the cherry on the cake is that you get to lose even more things, yaaaaaay.

Non legit afk'ers are generally repeat offenders and get whats coming to them, so don't worry too much. We'll show them pain.

Akimasu

12-20-2012

Ack-Heart attack...but if I leave I lose all of my money, time, and effort put into my account...

That's a horrible rule. I personally don't think perma bans even have a place in this game. 24, 72, 1 week, 2 week, 1 month bans - sure. Permanent though? You better have really messed something up to take that.

GFireflyE

12-21-2012

permaban is too harsh.

I do agree that more severe penalties are required. As is, too many easily accept the current punishment.

OriginalJack

12-21-2012

Yeah I would like to see harsher penalties for leaves in ranked. You should only be able to get away with it like maybe 2 or 3 times before getting temp banned. Permaban is a little harsh.

Wife is preggers and about to pop any day? Don't play ranked. (unless you plan on finishing the game before heading to the hospital)

You have small children the are always getting into trouble? Don't play ranked. (unless you play while they are asleep or have a sitter)

Got a crappy computer that is prone to crashing? Don't play ranked.

Got crappy internet and you're always dc'ing? Don't play ranked.

Got parents that always tell you to get off the computer? Don't play ranked.

Got someplace to be in 30 mins? Don't play ranked.

TGC Sir Auron

12-21-2012

I feel the same way, some admit they coonection sucks but still play, some admit they have to leave in 15 mins but start a game which is very stupid. I say if you make us have a horrible game because of your repeated negligence then you should get banned every single time. Perma bans would wipe out soo many players riot would lose business. Like ashe turret diving at level 30 not even chasing champs should be perma bann

Magos

12-21-2012

Ya its ranked but not permanent, but a 4 day ban.

LogicalTautology

12-21-2012

Frankly, I think the correct statement has to be "Don't play PvP". I don't know where people have gotten the idea that just because Elo in hidden in Normal games, you have any less of a responsibility to your teammates to your your absolute best to win, but it is ridiculous.

OriginalJack

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Frankly, I think the correct statement has to be "Don't play PvP". I don't know where people have gotten the idea that just because Elo in hidden in Normal games, you have any less of a responsibility to your teammates to your your absolute best to win, but it is ridiculous.
Yeah I guess... but honestly I'm willing to be a little more flexable in normals than in ranked. Ranked is supposed to be tryhard mode, normals I kinda see as practice for ranked. You should still try to win but if you want to try something goofy I'm more inclined to let it slide.

Now that I think about it I would even be ok with somebody being banned from just ranked (for a while) if they leave 2 or 3 games.

Bu Ice

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuard View Post
If u afk in ranked it should be perma ban. IDc if ur wife is having her baby, u should of thought of that before u started a RANKED game. You see football players afking? Nope, cause they aint got keyboards!
Actually you do see professional athletes "afk'ing" Vince Carter was away during a play off game to go to his college graduation. Evander Holyfield beat the hell out of a guy who tried to sneak into the boxing match by parachuting in (I think that's what it was) and landed on his pregnant wife. So perma bans should not be a punishment to inconsistent offenders, constant offenders I can see something happening but not permabans.