Twisted treeline is flawed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

walkur1005

12-20-2012

Bruisers with dashes, jumps, blinks or any form of close-range CC dominate - and here's why;

1) With the addition of the new black cleaver (not black cleaver QQ by the way), makes bruisers much more powerful than previously before. The ability to stack this item with other armor penetration items makes them powerful enough to take down armored foes with ease.

2) The placement of the bushes, lack of warding capability and the close range CC / Gap closer combinations of many bruisers makes them even more capable to litterally get the jump on anyone nearby. With the inability to ward or get vision without ward-based abilities or the vision-items, the effectiveness of gap-closers increases exponentially, and causes troubles for anyone without such gap-closer / CC combo's.

Pantheon, Talon, Xin Zhao, Jax, Singed, Vi, Nocturne are all among the people who excel in the Beta Twisted Treeline.

Please, people respond. Dont just downvote and leave.

Does anyone agree? What do you guys do to counter those picks?

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkur1005 View Post
Bruisers with dashes, jumps, blinks or any form of close-range CC dominate - and here's why;

1) With the addition of the new black cleaver (not black cleaver QQ by the way), makes bruisers much more powerful than previously before. The ability to stack this item with other armor penetration items makes them powerful enough to take down armored foes with ease.

2) The placement of the bushes, lack of warding capability and the close range CC / Gap closer combinations of many bruisers makes them even more capable to litterally get the jump on anyone nearby. With the inability to ward or get vision without ward-based abilities or the vision-items, the effectiveness of gap-closers increases exponentially, and causes troubles for anyone without such gap-closer / CC combo's.

Pantheon, Talon, Xin Zhao, Jax, Singed, Vi, Nocturne are all among the people who excel in the Beta Twisted Treeline.

Please, people respond. Dont just downvote and leave.

Does anyone agree? What do you guys do to counter those picks?
IMHO, TT's meta was designed around bruisers bruising and team composition. If you have a weak team composition that cannot chain CC and fight together, then you will lose. When I play threes with my friends, we pick champions that mesh together and we focus on teamfighting and small jungle skirmishes. I think wards would transition threes into a much more passive map as you would only need to ward 2, maybe 3 locations and every single gank location on the map will be covered.

SmokingJoeNL

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdsinc View Post
IMHO, TT's meta was designed around bruisers bruising and team composition. If you have a weak team composition that cannot chain CC and fight together, then you will lose. When I play threes with my friends, we pick champions that mesh together and we focus on teamfighting and small jungle skirmishes. I think wards would transition threes into a much more passive map as you would only need to ward 2, maybe 3 locations and every single gank location on the map will be covered.
There's also pink wards and ward baiting. Oh no something that's not braindead. Can't have that on the new tt.

SaintHax

12-21-2012

If you are going to ask for responses, and not just voting and leaving-- you should have lurked the forums before posting. You just created a new thread on something that's discussed several times each week.

Yes, TT is flawed. Yes we know. Yes bruisers are king. In addition you left out that it's b/c they can dive towers that are relatively weak, and gank quickly so that squishies have little time to get away, in addition, if the gank fails, the travel time from top to bot is so quick they don't fall behind-- no negatives for a failed gank.

gregorymarco

12-21-2012

That's how you play TT though.

All tanks and bruisers mode for the win.

SmokingJoeNL

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorymarco View Post
That's how you play TT though.

All tanks and bruisers mode for the win.
Of the last 10 times I picked ad or ap ranged carry, I won 7.

Bobinatorlol

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingJoeNL View Post
Of the last 10 times I picked ad or ap ranged carry, I won 7.
Just curious but when you do well with a ranged ap/ad carry do you ever get called a noob for playing an OP champion? I find these games hilarious. Just last night I had two. One as Lux and and another as LB.

The one with Lux I was called a noob for playing an OP champ by the enemy Darius. This was after getting a couple back to back triples with her ult. 100% skill of course, and by skill I mean lucky the enemy team clumped together. The comment he made "Lux's ult was never designed with TT in mind and it is clearly broken. gj for picking a broken champ, you'll never get it in ranked" I hope this was just a troll, but something tells me he wasn't for how long he tried to convince everyone in chat that Lux was far more op than Darius.

The second game was with LB. The first 10 or so minutes of this game involved the enemy team trash talking because they got a few early kills. Nothing toxic but you know cocky trash talking. After I rushed to DFG I started to pick off their bruisers. As a humble person that I am I started to return their trash talk. Soon they started to realize there was nothing they could do. Their happiness quickly turned into blaming each other. Then Jayce called me a tryhard for picking an OP champ.

Its games like these that make playing a ranged AP carry worth it.

Genes1s Pr1me

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobinatorlol View Post
Just curious but when you do well with a ranged ap/ad carry do you ever get called a noob for playing an OP champion? I find these games hilarious. Just last night I had two. One as Lux and and another as LB.

The one with Lux I was called a noob for playing an OP champ by the enemy Darius. This was after getting a couple back to back triples with her ult. 100% skill of course, and by skill I mean lucky the enemy team clumped together. The comment he made "Lux's ult was never designed with TT in mind and it is clearly broken. gj for picking a broken champ, you'll never get it in ranked" I hope this was just a troll, but something tells me he wasn't for how long he tried to convince everyone in chat that Lux was far more op than Darius.

The second game was with LB. The first 10 or so minutes of this game involved the enemy team trash talking because they got a few early kills. Nothing toxic but you know cocky trash talking. After I rushed to DFG I started to pick off their bruisers. As a humble person that I am I started to return their trash talk. Soon they started to realize there was nothing they could do. Their happiness quickly turned into blaming each other. Then Jayce called me a tryhard for picking an OP champ.

Its games like these that make playing a ranged AP carry worth it.

My favorite is when i play AP Trist and instakill people. All the while being trash talked about how I do no dmg.

Boogario

12-23-2012

Old TT, not flawed btw that hotfix? NEVER HAPPENED. I am willing to take u to CANADIAN COURT

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingJoeNL View Post
There's also pink wards and ward baiting. Oh no something that's not braindead. Can't have that on the new tt.
Pink wards would transition warding into a competition of "Who destroys pink ward first with pink ward"

The ward's average lifespan would be less than 1 minute...