Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle camps HP lowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turulHAARP

12-27-2012

Quote:
Xaedo:
wait a minute! What are you guys talking about? This actually works to the same idea they had in the first place, distribute all the health to the head of the camp. Now AoE junglers are less useful then before, because they should be doing a lot of single target damage to the head of the camp instead of doing a medium amount of damage to all the targets. This makes it much easier for GP, Kha'zix, and Rengar to jungle for instance, because they do much more single target damage then AoE.

Think about it a bit before you jump to conclusions lol.

According to OP the large ones didn't change which means it's easier to clear the jungle.
AoE junglers will be safer since they can clear the small ones faster and will suffer less dmg overall.
The clear speed might not be faster which is probably not true but they will have a safer time which leads to some ridiculous counter jungling...

phar0ah1

12-27-2012

Jungle is easier now with no help from your team. Honestly on live, I just get my mid/top or mid/bot to do some dmg on the blue/red depending on where I start and jungle is still pretty doable. Clear teams might not be the same as before the changes but I can still gank by lvl 2/3 with most junglers. Lowering the health of the small minions just kinda brings jungle back to where it was before the changes even with keeping the main monsters health higher.

Noric

12-27-2012

Quote:
Xaedo:
wait a minute! What are you guys talking about? This actually works to the same idea they had in the first place, distribute all the health to the head of the camp. Now AoE junglers are less useful then before, because they should be doing a lot of single target damage to the head of the camp instead of doing a medium amount of damage to all the targets. This makes it much easier for GP, Kha'zix, and Rengar to jungle for instance, because they do much more single target damage then AoE.

Think about it a bit before you jump to conclusions lol.

You are close but not completely on target. There are 2 major alterations with this change. 1 - AoE junglers clear small parts of camps faster so they take less damage(as it is most AoE clearers already kill small creeps before finishing the big so it shouldn't be much speed difference but the faster they kill them the less damage there is to be taken). 2 - single target junglers need less overall damage to kill a camp. As single target junglers tend to be more sustain friendly(not ALWAYS true) and AoE junglers are more clearspeed friendly - i happen to like the solution.

Oh and this should also be something of a nerf to amumu(his e) but honestly he probably deserves it.

Zair Umbras

12-27-2012

Well... To be honest, the main reason this change was done is because they changed how leashing worked. People have to sit there and beat on the golem or lizard until it's to about half just to have their jungle be able to do anything., which made teams with Shaco, Mao, or Fiddle to get to minions faster by them not needing the assistance. I normally find that who ever is helping do damage to the jungle creature will be about 5ish seconds without touching minions. These 5 seconds can mean being level 2 or not, which for most champs is whether you'll live in your lane because let's face it, a level 2 Ahri against a level 1 Ahri, the level 2 is going to wreck the other one's world since level differences mean a lot.

On a better note, this will definitely bring back some of the jungles that got screwed while other jungles like Shaco who cleared fast to begin with won't really realize any difference.

Noric

01-02-2013

Just an opinion but nunu/lee and prob a few others are probably a little insane after this change. I don't think it was a major buff to most of the AoE clear champs but the hybrid(single and AoE) champs get as much or more of a buff than single targets.

Vivi R66

01-03-2013

Nocturne insta clear all small creeps with Q + passive lol, its silly

Xaedo

01-03-2013

The reason I'm saying it benefits single target more then AoE is because now they can focus more on the big guy and clear faster because the smaller minions aren't as much of a problem as before. I went a little too far to say that AoE junglers are nerfed by this, but it is not a real buff to them because the new jungle is about focusing on the head then on the whole camp now. I do agree with your logic behind aoe= less damage taken now though.

Moobeat

01-03-2013

They just got changed again.

Big Wraith HP increased to 900 from 750
Small Wolf HP increased to 200 from 150
Big Wolf HP increased to 1000 from 900
Small Lizards at Red buff HP increased to 203 from 153.
Small Lizards at Blue buff HP increased to 203 from 153
Small Golem at double golems HP increased to 300 from 200.
Big Golem at Double Golems HP increased to 1100 from 1000.

50West

01-03-2013

So I guess they threw the whole "we want to decrease jungle pressure on the lanes in S3" out the window. So much for that. Looks like we're heading back to the top tier AoE clearers from S2.

Noric

01-03-2013

Quote:
50West:
So I guess they threw the whole "we want to decrease jungle pressure on the lanes in S3" out the window. So much for that. Looks like we're heading back to the top tier AoE clearers from S2.

AoE clearers don't even need to attack small creeps in the current jungle. This change is not slated towards them.