"Unbalancable by Design"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vannan Marlfox

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surmick View Post
Gobal teleport and good laning is a little unfair.
...play against Shen as you would play against Twisted Fate. It's not hard. He's a good champion, but not OP.

AcrobaticApricot

12-20-2012

Blitz isn't OP and Shen isn't OP in solo queue.

I do agree about Amumu, I dunno why Riot adamantly refuses to nerf the most consistently overpowered champion in the game.

EdgarAllanProse

12-20-2012

They're not OP.

Shen's the only one on that list even close.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrobaticApricot View Post
Blitz isn't OP and Shen isn't OP in solo queue.

I do agree about Amumu, I dunno why Riot adamantly refuses to nerf the most consistently overpowered champion in the game.
because he wasn't op a few months ago.

shalexade

12-20-2012

Blitzcrank has a 49.87% win rate.

He is constantly banned due to the nature of his plays and because he makes laning against him "unfun"

Just like when Shaco used to be banned constantly. It's not because he couldn't be countered- it's because I didn't trust my team mates to be able to counter it.

notanxj9smurf

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpster View Post
Blitz shen and amumu arent broken, people just dont know how to counter them.
tell me then, how to counter a team-wide aoe stun?

Anthropics

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalexade View Post
Blitzcrank has a 49.87% win rate.

He is constantly banned due to the nature of his plays and because he makes laning against him "unfun"

Just like when Shaco used to be banned constantly. It's not because he couldn't be countered- it's because I didn't trust my team mates to be able to counter it.
Alright then. Professional players ban Blitzcrank because he's "not fun to play against", even when money is on the line. Did you guys not look at what went down during IPL5? It was Blitzcrank vs. Zyra bottom lane, except it was usually Zyra vs. Lulu since Blitzcrank was frequently banned. He is not this anti-fun pubstomper like Shaco was during season 1. He's a serious threat both in solo queue and on a coordinated team.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

12-20-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I alluded to this in another post I wrote, but you're generally right--there's no such thing as an unbalanceable concept.

However, an important consideration to take when finding that happy medium between OP and UP is whether that ability still feels good to use in the end. Lee Sin is a great example for a champion that's actually very easy to nerf, as he's quite mechanically bloated...
Q: damage, dash, execute, reveal
W: shield, dash, energy return, life steal, spell vamp
E: damage, reveal, attack speed slow, move speed slow
R: damage, targeted interrupt, AoE interrupt
It's incredibly difficult to nerf individual numbers, as that runs the risk of watering it down so much he's no longer fun to use. However because his abilities have so much tacked on, it's a simple matter to remove one of the more minor aspects without destroying his core gameplay (for example, the energy return on his W that most people, including me two days ago, don't even know about).

Someone like Blitzcrank is really much harder to nerf because his strength is also his defining characteristic. It's up to live team to determine if Blitzcrank is a problem though.

AcrobaticApricot

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
because he wasn't op a few months ago.
Yes he was, he's been OP for a very long time.

Blindsorcerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanxj9smurf View Post
tell me then, how to counter a team-wide aoe stun?
Lets ask Sona, Galio, Morgana etc about it and get back to you.

Edit: Yes Galio's is a taut but essentially anything that is 2 seconds of you not doing anything by choice may as well fall under stun.