Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lightbringer change on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaWraith

12-21-2012

Quote:
Marzag:
Unique Passive or Unique active... I mean if it is a passive the 1 item completely owns shaco and teemo...I mean never play em again

I think this would be a good thing.

Thank you Nome for helping make Teemo more manageable. Any plans for the other OP problem champs?

Cauldrath

12-21-2012

Quote:
KaWraith:
I think this would be a good thing.

Thank you Nome for helping make Teemo more manageable. Any plans for the other OP problem champs?

Unique active: enemy champions can not teleport into or out of the area around you for 10 seconds.

Unique passive: the mana cost of teleports into an area within 200 of you is doubled.

naotasan

12-21-2012

Quote:
RiotNome:
Adding a new passive onto it.

UNIQUE Passive: Reveals nearby stealthed traps.

Brb changing pants.

General Quackers

12-21-2012

Quote:
RiotNome:
It hard counters the primary method players use those abilities, yes. But then again, so does Oracle's, so this isn't really a new precedent. It's a 450 distance reveal range, so a Teemo or Shaco can still certainly lure you into a trap if you're not paying attention, or if they drop a trap in the middle of a fight, it's just as useful.

It won't be on Hextech Sweeper for now, since it's rather late to put stuff in for next patch (it gives our QA a lot more work). It will likely show up next-next patch. Until then, no passive name.

Nome, on a map with no wards, it's near impossible to catch someone who is decent at bush juking. Why remove the one item that solved this problem?

Warlord Buwberry

12-21-2012

I think the active is just fine. People need to realize that once you hit them with the active, they're revealed for 10 secs and should be enough to kill. At the same time it always bush hiders bot to be able to hide if needed from ranged ad to set up a counter, but if you have the active up, it won't matter anyway. And gg teemo and shaco. At last we can find your traps without wasting money on oracles that you died with 45 secs later after you bought it. I lived through the teemocalypse when the 5% magic pen aura, full dmg BFT, and 600 base dmg shrooms existed. It was utter destruction to run into 1 of those things and now i will gladly destroy them with my Ranged AA.

As for the magic dmg proc, i'd raise it to 35% proc rate as 100 magic dmg won't do a whole lot of dmg on a 0% magic pen carry. Just a thought and keep up the good work Gnome.

P.S. Time for Teemocalpyse pt. 4 and the end of the blackfire rebellion. GG Pain

P.S.S Adds some more armor to it a tier 2 item shouldn't have the same armor as the tier 3 version

Infirc

12-21-2012

what about any stealthed missfortune? she's a trap, or am i confusing the term with tramp?

NotBuzzJack

12-21-2012

Quote:
RiotNome:
Adding a new passive onto it.

UNIQUE Passive: Reveals nearby stealthed traps.

MajorUrsa

12-21-2012

Quote:
RiotNome:
It hard counters the primary method players use those abilities, yes. But then again, so does Oracle's, so this isn't really a new precedent. It's a 450 distance reveal range, so a Teemo or Shaco can still certainly lure you into a trap if you're not paying attention, or if they drop a trap in the middle of a fight, it's just as useful.

It won't be on Hextech Sweeper for now, since it's rather late to put stuff in for next patch (it gives our QA a lot more work). It will likely show up next-next patch. Until then, no passive name.

I love you Nome.

bierfaust

12-21-2012

Quote:
Orphane:
By using the active? It's a matter of deciding when to make the best use of the stealth reveal active becoming a skill indicator instead of "oh i auto'd/spammed a spell i would have used anyways and got stealth reveal for free, herp derp".

The old sweeper required you to actually hit your target with said spell. Still a degree of skill required for that.

Love how they say that stealth champions are an issue for low ELO, then remove the only decent item they had to counter them. As if convincing a low ELO player to buy a sweeper in the first place was hard enough, now they won't even acknowledge the suggestion.

Stealth champions are bad for the game as a whole tbh. Unless the stealth is an escape mechanism it will always generate the issue of people getting jumped before they can react, especially if they have high ping. Because there are so many opportunities in DOM to get jumped by a stealth champion people get frustrated, and what happens to frustrated people? They stop playing.

Appropriate steps and counters need to be in place to minimize this issue. Twitch is a good example of how stealth can be useful to the champion that has it but not abusive.

wingstreet

12-21-2012

Quote:
Cauldrath:
Unique active: enemy champions can not teleport into or out of the area around you for 10 seconds.

Unique passive: the mana cost of teleports into an area within 200 of you is doubled.

wouldnt this just **** champs like lb? kass is gunna have enough mana regardless lol. you want to fix kass you have to fix the structure of the map a touch or (the easier method) nerf the range on his r enough so he can't jump EVERYTHING.