Lightbringer change on PBE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nguyenmb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
It's being removed/changed for the same reason Hextech Sweeper lost its vision.

Can you re-explain why this was so? I understand the passive hard countering all stealth champions/abilities, but that means you remove the ability for it to see stealth, not remove the ability to gain vision of non stealth units.

Now how in the world does an AD carry take advantage of their range when there's so much brush, walls, and tight corners around the map?

Orphane

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenmb View Post
Can you re-explain why this was so? I understand the passive hard countering all stealth champions, but that means you remove the ability for it to see stealth, not remove the ability to gain vision of non stealth units.

Now how in the world does an AD carry take advantage of their range when there's so much brush, walls, and tight corners around the map?
By using the active? It's a matter of deciding when to make the best use of the stealth reveal active becoming a skill indicator instead of "oh i auto'd/spammed a spell i would have used anyways and got stealth reveal for free, herp derp".

ricedream5

12-21-2012

Quote:
Adding a new passive onto it.

UNIQUE Passive: Reveals nearby stealthed traps.
You are awesome.

nguyenmb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
By using the active? It's a matter of deciding when to make the best use of the stealth reveal active becoming a skill indicator instead of "oh i auto'd/spammed a spell i would have used anyways and got stealth reveal for free, herp derp".
I would remove the stealth reveal. But still allow seeing Line of sight. Ranged champions are balanced by the fact they have ranged, but you can barely use that range in this map. That's one component of why bruisers are so strong on this map.

Darkomantis

12-21-2012

RiotNome, I really appreciate these new items that have come into dominion these past few weeks. As an avid player of dominion this item should make Teemo have more counter play since he was basically broken on the map and would lead to "turtle wins" at times. You don't know how many times I've seen Teemo players mush top and their jungle and stop jungle plays from happening since the team would be heavily damaged from mush or the enemy team knew exactly where everyone is.

FOODFOOD

12-21-2012

Nome, any insight on the reason behind the RNG 100 magic damage? It just seems... out of place.

Phourc

12-21-2012

Quote:
Adding a new passive onto it.

UNIQUE Passive: Reveals nearby stealthed traps.
Aww, I checked the PBE and it's not there yet ):

Ah well, I couldn't find a bot that places traps anyway xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
Nome, any insight on the reason behind the RNG 100 magic damage? It just seems... out of place.
I assume it's the logical upgrade to the wriggles rng minion-pop, but I will admit it feels out of place on an AD item..

hoihoi8

12-21-2012

Not a fan of the 20% chance. Just make it every 4-5 attacks please. Or just do 20 magic damage per hit.

Skreeg

12-21-2012

I have to say that this feels contrary to the guideline to avoid binary counters. It's a must-buy anti-Teemo item that has a big impact on AP Teemo's power.

I would much rather see Teemo shrooms nerfed, even if it means buffing the rest of AP Teemo's kit.

Marzag

12-21-2012

Unique Passive or Unique active... I mean if it is a passive the 1 item completely owns shaco and teemo...I mean never play em again