Lightbringer change on PBE

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

12-21-2012

Also, who in the world would pay 4,075 gold for this, when the old one was less than 2000? Unless the reignofgaming notes are wrong.

I'll still never understand why the live LightBringer is a problem. I've never heard any QQ about it from anyone before, except an opposing Wu Kong, who deserved it.

Das Strychnine

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
Also, who in the world would pay 4,075 gold for this, when the old one was less than 2000? Unless the reignofgaming notes are wrong.

I'll still never understand why the live LightBringer is a problem. I've never heard any QQ about it from anyone before, except an opposing Wu Kong, who deserved it.

Shaco: Omg noob OP item.

Oh the tears... so delicious.

DiscworldDeath

12-21-2012

It's 2,425 gold... look at the OP.

FOODFOOD

12-21-2012

Good call. I was blinded by the light [bringer].

Redenbacher

12-21-2012

I don't mind the change. It gives an upgrade path to Grez's Spectral Lantern. It also makes it consistent with Hextech Sweeper's changes.

Putting vision on auto-attacks indirectly invalidates stealth champions without adding gameplay. Just because few bought the item doesn't attest to it's inherent lack of gameplay.

I'm not sure if these stat changes are the right direction at this time, but time will tell.

Orphane

12-21-2012

Who are all these people crawling out of the woodwork saying that they loved old lightbringer, seriously?

DiscworldDeath

12-21-2012

There was a thread where Nome asked for our opinions on old Lightbringer.

I basically put it like this: "I love it in concept, it's an amazing item. But I don't really find myself building it, dunno why."

My only beef with Grez was the lack of an upgrade, making it somewhat of a dead weight later on. This will help a bunch.

Though it might still be better to sell it for a 3k gold item later on, the lantern.

Albert Dakkar

12-21-2012

I second the active idea. The revealing mist would be alright for say, the windmill bush or bottom lane brushes but it could potentially put adcs in bad situations if used in the jungle. However having it grant vision on every attack is definitely problematic and should be changed.

Das Strychnine

12-21-2012

AD Carry bot lane nerf. Now champs with gap closers like J4, Jax, Khazix, Pantheon , etc can just hide in the brush till it's up and try again. The active cool down on lantern is way too long for bot lane.

DiscworldDeath

12-21-2012

Before you had no active, they could hide in the brush and 100-0 you half the time anyway, as an AD Carry.

Bruisers who get the jump on ADCs usually annihilate them... what are you talking about?

1234567 ... 9