Lightbringer change on PBE

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentlyCar View Post
Just going to say that I absolutely loathe the idea of a RNG-based damage proc on an item. There is almost nothing that feels as bad as losing to pure luck. Please reconsider it.
^

May I suggest that you change the lightbringer to a soft-reveal, a la Diana or Talon? That way it preserves most of its niche (chasing ability on the ADCs that hate being bush juked) without being "hurr stealth champs are useless"?

Arance

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
It's being removed/changed for the same reason Hextech Sweeper lost its vision.
Why the new stats though? This new version is a bit less ADC friendly, only a speck more AD caster friendly, but a LOT more bruiser friendly...

Doubly so given the current frenzy over Grez's amazing efficiency.

Luvatar

12-21-2012

Uh, you do realize this pushes ranged AD carries in Dominion further away yes? LB was added to dom because it is so easy to lose vision on your target.

It's basically the thing that allows ranged AD's here. I don't see how making it a bruiser item helps them in any way shape or form.

Grantson

12-21-2012

Interesting concept, will look forward to see how it effects the AD. I'm just glad there are new developments in dominion.

On paper it's hard to say if 20% chance proc (1 out of 5 hits average), is better or worse then the consistent 2 second sheen proc (91-130 physical damage). It seems like a low proc rate even with high attack speed like Vayne, but will have to see it in action before making final decision.

Lykarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Do you even Rift bro?

Kholdstare13

12-21-2012

Is this Riot's attempt to completely remove all ranged champions from Dominion instead of trying to balance it? They already have every disadvantage in the world on that map, having the ability to make or lead a chase when they finally get the upper hand was one of the few things keeping them in the game. As for the stealth detection, moving it to an active would have been acceptable if it kept its old stats and had the on-hit vision changed to improved CV's non-stealth version. Ranged champions need a way to get revenge on Akali, and disabling her stealth when she is foolish enough to dive kill them in the middle of their team was perfect. Moving this to an active is not a big loss, it just requires more involvement and awareness by the player to hit them item within the 3/4 of a second they have to live once Akali ults in.

Das Strychnine

12-21-2012

Duelpower

12-21-2012

Yeah I'm not a fan of this version at all. I wish we could find a middle ground for the passive...
It's well known how on hit reveal bones brush jukers and stealthers in bottom lane.
The active isn't up enough for this item to fill it's use of letting a ranged stick to their targets around brush.

:| If this is how we are going to balance it though, just leave it the way it is on live.

FOODFOOD

12-21-2012

Why do all of these AD items get on-hit magic damage? I'll never understand this. Shouldn't it deal 100 bonus physical damage?

Also, I really liked the old one. Why couldn't you just make it an active where you activate it, and the next 3-5 seconds your attacks grant vision? Then give that active like a 20 second CD.

I don't know, just throwing out stuff. I never understood why the live passive is a problem. The only people it's hurting are people that need to be hurt (Wu, Teemo, Kassadin [vision when he blinks away].

stormfallen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
Why couldn't you just make it an active where you activate it, and the next 3-5 seconds your attacks grant vision? Then give that active like a 20 second CD.
I like this idea.

123456 ... 9