Swain skill max order

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShinySylvee

12-23-2012

Hey guys, I'm trying to pick up swain mainly as a top-laner, (I don't like him bot lane since he seems like mainly a stalemater there) and I don't know what order to max his skills in. I was using E>W>Q because E is his main damage skill and W gets a significantly shorter cooldown with levels which is good since it's your main form of CC, but I've heard that other people like maxing Q over it. What do you guys max for swain top?

Redenbacher

12-23-2012

I don't play Swain much anymore, but when I did, I often preferred Q because it was a clean setup for W.

For maximum damage in your combo, Q would slow them down to drop W, and you could hit them the first tick of E during W's wind-up, allowing it to get the damage bonus.

Q also gains more damage per level and has a higher AP ratio. The benefits from E's damage amp become greater later in the game. I'm no expert, but it seems like a no-brainer to me.

Sometimes, you may even prefer W, because of it's huge cooldown bonuses with levels. 10 seconds at max level with 40% CDR means an AoE root every 6 seconds - that may or may not be more important to your team over more damage for you. It's really the choice of utility (and AoE) over single-target damage. In a top situation, I would argue that is more important for frequent teamfighting, whereas the single-target damage is more important for laning bottom.

iPooUnicorns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

I generally max E first then alternate W and Q.