Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Allow champion bans while still having ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leosoul

12-26-2012

Quote:
Beravin:
Its an interesting idea, and it has my attention. I'm a little concerned that we would just see the same bans over and over though. As frustrating as some champions can be on this map, I do not want to see them banned almost every game.

Just as a question, how is this different from any other draft mode we already have?

Beravin

12-26-2012

Quote:
Leosoul:
Just as a question, how is this different from any other draft mode we already have?

Well, there are many reasons. This mode is based on the random mechanic, unlike any of the other modes. It just seems odd to have a select few champions banned all the time, since it removes a lot of the "random" from a random mode.

Even in those other modes you mention, the meta changes all the time. The picks and bans you see now might not be the same tomorrow. But its not like that over here, since we have a select few that are undeniably stronger on this map.

Players also tend to do what the elite do. If the elite picks Warwick all the time, next thing you know, everyone is picking Warwick. But, we do not have guidelines such as elites to follow over here. It will not change as much or as often.

Other modes will change over time, but it would be hard to claim the same for an all random mode.

ExcitableOyster

12-27-2012

Bump

Tyler Perry

Recruiter

12-28-2012

Quote:
Leosoul:

Pretty much this.
If people want blitz banned everygame, fine.

It could work in a way that would allow the host of the lobby to enable/disable banning if he/she pleases

Kanashimu

12-29-2012

I disagree. ARAM is ARAM. Winning against a god lineup is the best feeling.

Tyler Perry

Recruiter

01-08-2013

bump

Tyler Perry

Recruiter

01-20-2013

bump

Zarkof

01-20-2013

very nice idea, +1

2pudge1cup

01-20-2013

i like this idea

BARAM

Thug the Slug

01-20-2013

Hope riot gives us this option when they launch aram matchmaking