Allow champion bans while still having ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AndromedaCat

12-22-2012

I like the idea of banning certain champs. Might add more toxicity to the game though, as if the "captain" or whoever is in charge of bans doesn't ban someone people consider OP people might freak out. Let's say they ban... blitz, soraka, lux... nidalee is available, I could see people *****ing out the captain out like crazy for leaving someone available.

And with the nature of ARAM, there are always going to be some OP champs left available, unless you just straight make it not-ARAM.

I like the idea... just would be worried about increased toxicity. ARAM is nice because it tends to have lower levels of toxicity than most other modes (I think) so I'd be hesitant about anything that might increase that.

abisashi

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndromedaCat View Post
I like the idea of banning certain champs. Might add more toxicity to the game though, as if the "captain" or whoever is in charge of bans doesn't ban someone people consider OP people might freak out. Let's say they ban... blitz, soraka, lux... nidalee is available, I could see people *****ing out the captain out like crazy for leaving someone available.
That's why I like the idea of having everyone have bans in their profile... no one to blame but yourself if Nidalee isn't banned. Also faster than having captains ban, which is important given how much dodging there is.

Clearfox7

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisashi View Post
Let people set bans in their profile (maybe 3) and then when the game starts, only champs that weren't banned by anyone can be randomed. Free week champs can still be randomed even if banned so that players who don't own many champs don't get banned out.
I really like the thought of this, it would really help with someone complaining every game that "omg noob, why did you ban X and not Y" because everyone gets to ban the champs that they personally hate to see on ARAM. but 3 each might be a bit much. (5 players per team, 3 champs each. That's 30 champs removed from the start; assuming there aren't any duplicate bans.) Maybe have it be 1 each, I mean normal draft matches only have 6 bans. But this seems like a really solid way to introduce bans to ARAM without the toxicity of "ban Nidalee, Blitz, and Lux or afk"

ploki122

12-22-2012

I think that you don't glimpse even just the tip of that icebergs... The valuable bans are like : Karma, Nidalee, Blitzcrank, Sona, Soraka, Ziggs, Lux, Master Yi, Malphite, Poppy, Xerath, Wukong, Vi, Jayce and Udyr (you don't want to get Udyr on your side).

Tyler Perry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisashi View Post
That's why I like the idea of having everyone have bans in their profile... no one to blame but yourself if Nidalee isn't banned. Also faster than having captains ban, which is important given how much dodging there is.
That's a great idea! Adding that to the OP

Tyler Perry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

bump

Clearfox7

12-25-2012

Bumping this, it could be a great system with a little work.

Beravin

12-25-2012

Its an interesting idea, and it has my attention. I'm a little concerned that we would just see the same bans over and over though. As frustrating as some champions can be on this map, I do not want to see them banned almost every game.

Personally, I'd use this idea to ban champions that most people do not like getting in ARAM. It'd make for more enjoyable games and get rid of a lot of those "our team would be good if we did not have *insert champion here*" situations.

But then, I do not mind champions like Blitzcrank / Nidalee nearly as much as other people seem to.

FrozenChinchilla

12-26-2012

AP Yi
Katarina
Nidalee
Blitzcrank

Noobs don't know how to play against Katarina
Noobs don't know how to play against Nidalee
Noobs don't know how to play against Blitzcrank
AP Yi is just overpowered for anyone

Tyler Perry

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenChinchilla View Post
AP Yi
Katarina
Nidalee
Blitzcrank

Noobs don't know how to play against Katarina
Noobs don't know how to play against Nidalee
Noobs don't know how to play against Blitzcrank
AP Yi is just overpowered for anyone
Is not that they don't know how to play against those champions, it's just a drag and a hassle that most people don't like to deal with in ARAM.