Allow champion bans while still having ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyler Perry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

TL;DR
Allow game lobbies to have a custom ban list that would exclude certain champions from the pool.

Allow champion bans while still having ARAM? It would make CUSTOM games more CUSTOM.

Reasons; AP Yi, Soraka, Blitz, etc

I mean, there will always be discussion over who's good and who's not in ARAM. But why not just let each host decide? Would be rather interesting actually.

People dodge lobbies left and right the second they see stupidly one-sided teams like Alistar, Blitz, Malphite, Soraka, Ashe. I don't blame them. But if the host could ban, that probably would change a lot of lobbies like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether Master View Post
Draft aram is called ADAM
We're not asking for Draft ARAM. That wouldn't be random champs.
We want the banning part of Draft, but the random selection of well, Randoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisashi View Post
That's why I like the idea of having everyone have bans in their profile... no one to blame but yourself if Nidalee isn't banned. Also faster than having captains ban, which is important given how much dodging there is.
I like this idea a lot.

Basically everyone has a set of 3 champions that they'd prefer to ban pre-set in custom games. When the game is created, only 4 champions common in everyone's lists will get banned for that game.

I heard a Red mention the possibility of this before. I mean, they are CUSTOM games.. Why not?

EDIT: Bump for riot response

Tyler Perry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Bumped

Guiandes

12-21-2012

^

TimeWhisp

12-21-2012

This please! Custom banlist would be so awesome.

3mptylord

12-21-2012

Draft ARAM. ^_^

i Nappy Ninja

Recruiter

12-21-2012

how about a preselection of 50 or so champs you can pool from for ARAM? this would negate alot of the quitting and constant waiting for an actual game.

Tyler Perry

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
Draft ARAM. ^_^
Well, sorta. Just the ban part, the rest needs to be random selection of course.

Warface

12-22-2012

Draft aram is called ADAM

deadman975

12-22-2012

with bans its not truely random its limited down more then just champs owned at that point there for the spirit of it being really random is gone and just might as well play adam

abisashi

12-22-2012

Let people set bans in their profile (maybe 3) and then when the game starts, only champs that weren't banned by anyone can be randomed. Free week champs can still be randomed even if banned so that players who don't own many champs don't get banned out.