Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Theoretical Warwick Build...Thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ronyk

12-21-2012

Spirit visage is nice, but I feel like the Black Cleaver or Frozen heart would make for a better choice. Both still provide a bit of tankyness, as well as the cooldown reduction. If you're getting Spirit Visage for the magic resistance, there are better options out there (Bulwark). The passive is very cool, but unfortunately, it has a deminished effect on many small heals (compared to "burst heal&quot.

In addition, the stats it grants fall off as a late game item.

If you're looking for health regen, nothing wrong with a good ol fashion Warmog.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-21-2012

Quote:
WinnieDaP00:
Wolves > Blue (or vice versa depending on if team helps w/ wolves) > Wraiths > Red > Golems > gank/counter-jungle/keep farming my own, depends on scenario

I like to get 6 asap for ganks so the longer i can avoid backing the better to save time, which is where the blue pots come in. Usually when I back i have enough for wriggles and boots when i go this route with mana pots and i'm lvl 6 to gank when i go back out

Okay, here's what I think you should do...and you should test this in a custom game.

You start with 475 gold, right? Machete is 300 gold, and is a no-brainer. That leaves 175 gold left over, right? Okay, you could buy 5 pots... but... if you're not using the health pots... and you only need mana (even with starting blue), here's what I think you should at least try out...

Passive gold generation starts at 1:30.
Wolves spawn at 1:40.
Blue buff spawns at 1:55.

What if you waited on the fountain from 1:30 until you had enough gold to buy a Faerie Charm to go with your Machete?

Now you're 180 gold closer to the Spirit Stone, you haven't wasted 175 gold on potions, and you're getting extra mana regen. If you're using movement speed quints and picking up some movement speed in your masteries, you could make up for waiting on the fountain a few extra seconds.

It would definitely depend on how long it takes Warwick to get from the fountain to the blue buff, but I think that even if you are slightly delayed in your jungle, it may turn out better in the long run.

Think about it, you're a few seconds behind in your route, but you're 180 gold ahead in your build. Normally you'd start Wolves right? But they're not going to give you 180 gold. I think starting blue then doing wolves might work out.

It's something you definitely have to test in a real game, but if you're not worry about your health sustain as Warwick, this might be viable.

PracticalPotato

12-21-2012

It looks like you're going for a hybrid CDR/DPS build.

Don't build Machete into Spirit of the Lizard Elder. I find it is a very lackluster item. The damage is dealt over time and there's no slow component. It feels like it's a lane poking item, but it has jungler %bonus damage. Don't like it. Besides, you're WW, autoattacking the jungle like no other. Wriggles will be good for you.

Zephyr is alright for what you're trying to do.

I think Iceborn Gauntlet is alright too.

Spirit Visage seems a bit late and doesn't fit in too well. I think its a litle situational.

All the situational items that you put up feel like they're midgame items. Also, Malady scales with AP now and Madred's Bloodrazor got removed.

AcornGames

01-01-2013

I thought Bloodrazor was removed o-0

M4nTiCoR3

01-02-2013

I like the idea of machete and an early fairy charm. It might be easier to just rework your masteries around the support tree and grab the extra starting gold though. I will try this out later this week and let you know how it goes.

RudeBoyShappy

01-02-2013

zepher stupid