Gamemode for who can get the least afks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Imperviable

12-20-2012

Its always been bad but the games I've played these last few days have been terrible. It feels like Riot doesn't ban leavers in Dom or something.

NamKim

12-20-2012

I believe the Leaver Buster works for all match-made games. Meaning, only custom games are excluded.

Riot always tend to be more conservative with punishment. The Tribunal, rather people admit it or not, is actually conservative. It requires quite a lot of reports for the Tribunal system to even starting a case. Which is why you occasionally see cases that only has one or two games. It's one or two games on top of possibly dozens of reports.

But I digress.

I believe that at the end of a match-made game, if the summoner's name is red then it means that Leaver Buster recorded it. The problem is, if the person who left only left because it was Dominion and he only plays Dominion once in a blue moon, he probably wouldn't get any punishment. If the person went afk and returned right when the game ended, I would just report AFK. I never saw a report in the Tribunal where someone was reported for AFK/Leaver but I assume that is because the Leaver Buster system took care of them before the Tribunal did.

While on the topic, I feel that Dominion tends to crash the client more often than the other game modes. I have friends who is trying out Dominion with me and find that their client crashed and they had to restart it. Which is why they are often AFK for the first few minutes of the game. The good news is that SR seems to have the problem as well, so Riot will probably fix that.

I digressed again...I must be bored. I should play more Dominion.

Edit: Or, people think the world is going to end tomorrow so they don't get about Leaver Buster. That's always a possibility.

Imperviable

12-20-2012

I guess that could be true. Is Leaver/afk report just a placebo then? Similar to unskilled?

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperviable View Post
I guess that could be true. Is Leaver/afk report just a placebo then? Similar to unskilled?
unskilled doesn't get you banned, it would be stupid and prepotent no one is born learned, and to ban a guy that's trying to learn the game for not knowing the game well then why is he tryng to learn the game in the first place..,what the hell is wrong with you Sr community? , it isn't a palcebo either, Unskilled only works on ranked Sr and enough unskilled reports can drop your Elo.

Imperviable

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
unskilled doesn't get you banned, it would be stupid and prepotent no one is born learned, and to ban a guy that's trying to learn the game for not knowing the game well then why is he tryng to learn the game in the first place..,what the hell is wrong with you Sr community? , it isn't a palcebo either, Unskilled only works on ranked Sr and enough unskilled reports can drop your Elo.
I think you need to look up the definition of placebo.

My point was that the unskilled report was there simply to filter out reports about players being bad. Players can't be banned for being bad so those reports simply go nowhere and it just serves to make the player filing the false report to feel better.

And I've never heard of unskilled reports dropping elo.