Who are the best champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CONDEMN 2 WALL

12-25-2012

My vote will be unpopular, but I'll have to go with Garen and Ashe, although other ADCs with a stun do just as well instead of Ashe. In a regular random TT match, this was the outcome:
*******http://i48.tinypic.com/2rx6v75.jpg********

The Ashe on the other time said it was his first time playing Ashe, thus his bad score. Look at the Garen on my team though, amazing.

OP asked for specific reasons why these champions work well on TT, so here goes.
1. Ashe stuns with crystal arrow
2. Garen uses Decisive Strike. This allows him to speed up to our target and silence him. Ashe tends to be squishy and fall prey to spells and combos even when on the fringe of combat, but she doesn't take any damage if she uses her range well when Garen silences.
3. Ashe turns on Frost Arrow and fires away while Garen uses Judgment and spins on the enemy.
4. Ashe periodically uses volley during this fight.
5. All the damage done after this will leave a target at about 1/3-1/5 health depending. Garen uses his ultimate (forgot the name) which, on top of the regular damage it produces, does extra damage based on how much health the target is missing. Thus, this is a solid finisher.

Also, might I add, TT is small; there are a lot of enemy minions available for farming. Ashe and Garen both depend HEAVILY on gold and items, but when they get their gold, they hurt. Ashe's volley is an excellent CC and Garen's Judgment allows him to pick up several minions kills in a short span of time. He also doesn't require mana; thus, he may use it very often without recalling.

Keuzen

12-25-2012

Early-game champions are extremely strong on Twisted Treeline. If you are able to get that first blood, take both altars, and/or get a turret down, GG...
More specifically, bruisers are undeniably overpowered in twisted treeline. If you have a team that consists of characters that can close gaps, tanky, and dish out lots of damage, you are going to win.
Singed, Tryndamere, and Nasus are extremely strong is Twisted Treeline. Teemo is, of course, strong in Twisted Treeline because of his nice burst and sustain; his shrooms are really strong in Twisted Treeline since it is a rather small map. His shrooms accumulate very quickly and give massive vision.

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaITApirlo View Post
My vote will be unpopular, but I'll have to go with Garen and Ashe, although other ADCs with a stun do just as well instead of Ashe. In a regular random TT match, this was the outcome:
*******http://i48.tinypic.com/2rx6v75.jpg********

The Ashe on the other time said it was his first time playing Ashe, thus his bad score. Look at the Garen on my team though, amazing.

OP asked for specific reasons why these champions work well on TT, so here goes.
1. Ashe stuns with crystal arrow
2. Garen uses Decisive Strike. This allows him to speed up to our target and silence him. Ashe tends to be squishy and fall prey to spells and combos even when on the fringe of combat, but she doesn't take any damage if she uses her range well when Garen silences.
3. Ashe turns on Frost Arrow and fires away while Garen uses Judgment and spins on the enemy.
4. Ashe periodically uses volley during this fight.
5. All the damage done after this will leave a target at about 1/3-1/5 health depending. Garen uses his ultimate (forgot the name) which, on top of the regular damage it produces, does extra damage based on how much health the target is missing. Thus, this is a solid finisher.

Also, might I add, TT is small; there are a lot of enemy minions available for farming. Ashe and Garen both depend HEAVILY on gold and items, but when they get their gold, they hurt. Ashe's volley is an excellent CC and Garen's Judgment allows him to pick up several minions kills in a short span of time. He also doesn't require mana; thus, he may use it very often without recalling.
And no one bought QSS???????

Vizurx

NA Champion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

I've had a lot of success with Darius on TT, mostly good because of his AoE, DoT passive and of course that ultimate reset which can quickly cut down the enemies. Ryze is another good champion for TT. It's hard to say why these champions are good without explaining their abilities which you already know. I'd put it down to teamwork and at least one tanky champion on your team to increase your chances of winning.

From my personal experience, bruisers are still very good in TT, even going matches in a row with just AD bruisers, dominating each match. Still this can be because of how we used teamwork (ganking is much easier when the enemy can't ward). Matches I've lost are usually when the enemy has a better team composition and strategy. For example; Warwick with life steal and attack speed build with a Soraka going AP and adding to Warwick's sustain by constantly healing from afar. This works very well against the bruisers we were because we had no frequent poke (basically got kited) but you could say we just need to adapt (l2p).

Dreatlan

12-26-2012

As everyone else posted it's the Bruisers. It's tough for the Ranged units out in 3v3. The reason the Ranged units suffer is because of their low HP, Armor and Movement Speed. Caitlyn doesn't even reach 400 Movement speed with Mercury Treads.

Jayce would be awesome if Riot fixed him up. He could be both the ranged unit and off tank. I doubt that will happen anytime soon though as there is a lot of fixing that needs to be done with Twisted Treeline.

Other then that any O.P champion works. Darius just needs to spam R and Teemo just needs to spam shrooms and blind darts with Blackfire Torch. Tryndamere, and Fiora (along with other ADCs) just need to spam Attack Damage via runes and items because there is not enough Armor now to compensate for the 432 Attack Damage they can get. I can go on but, I think you get the point. Really any champion is good because of how broken Twisted Treeline is.

PurpleURP

12-26-2012

skarner

Uparmored

12-26-2012

Is skarner that good I've been told to play him before but I didn't bother to even look at him. Ever since I got tryndamere legendary skin that's all I have been playing.

Tyler Teh Killa

12-26-2012

i would like to start off by saying a few things there are a few champs that are quite good on 3s. But any bruisers or gap closers are just too strong for instance darius he is one that you can build pure tank and in the end he does soo much true damage it is outstanding. I play ranked 3s and i say i do fairly well at times I am a ap burst champ most of the time and the usually banned champs are malph, jax, amumu, "darius" lee sin, riven, singed and usually not teemo i red that yes his map control is good but you gotta consider there are items that get rid of his shrooms like the sweeper and lantern. Then on second hand once he is 6 you should already know how to play against him. The key points to lay his shrooms are in each of the mid bushes and in mid of the speed shrine after that shroom ur jungle to keep positive control of ur jungle and keep everyone else out once the enemy team run into a few shrooms they wont usualy go near there again. Then next you take over their jungle and just jungle with teemo and shroom all jungle with bft and nashors tooth next. yes the damage is bad but all you have to do is play carefully and think before going into bushes. So people thinking hes good yes he is good but others clain the higher position for better picks. Thanks for reading.

Sir Fuzzy

12-26-2012

In addition to the obvious Darius who is garbage and horribly unbalanced (who designed him?) there is also:

Lee Sin (invincible early game and unlimited mobility but fades if the game somehow lasts long enough)

Katarina (so much burst, so few team members)

Tryndamere (ult lasts waaaay too long)