Who are the best champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jasiwel

12-24-2012

I find Darius and Tryndamere to both be very strong champions. They can simply dish out a lot of damage as well as take a lot of damage. They're tanky, have great abilities against other champs, and I rarely ever want to go 1v1 against them (I play Kha'Zix) because they're so of solid champions.

I see Teemo a lot and he's also a very reliable champion because he has high DPS, can jungle, kite, stun, chip away, and ambush other champs. Kog'Maw is also really good because it can utilize so many ways to punish enemy players who get greedy or even teams that ball up to gank, not to mention the long-range bombing attack he has. Nidalee is also very capable as she can dish out a lot of damage in a very short amount of time (sometimes absurdly so), not to mention she's very good at escaping as well. The last one I mention is Kayle, who is simply an all around powerful champion that is both deadly and difficult to deal with on a 1v1 basis. If fed she is almost unstoppable, especially if she has a coordinated teammate nearby.

Caecus Scius

12-24-2012

Id like to add Lee Sin to the list, simply because I've had quite a few games where he was unkillable, and just got fed like crazy by tower diving and escaping all the time.

A lot of the OP champs like Singed, Riven, Fiona, and Lee are so good because you can't even sit under the tower to escape them, they zone you from getting exp and gold which puts you far behind and not even fighting under the towers is safe because the towers are gimped.

Any champ which can do so much dmg, have high mobility to poke/escape and close gaps, and be tough enough to survive a few hits from tower is OP. Except for teemo, I think you will find that ALL of the op champs have this in common- you cannot play a squishy character in TT and live.

Thezyzyva

12-24-2012

As someone who plays a lot of Rumble, I get bored with how good he is. He is way too good with blackfire torch. And the range on his ult means I'm hardly ever out of a team fight. Luckily almost no one plays him but damn, I get real tired of my friends demanding I play him cause I just win with him unless I play like complete garbage.

As for others, I'm surprised no one has brought up Katarina. I've only played against two, but they utterly destroyed us. Shes an ace on a cooldown I swear. I don't have a lot of problems with any other champs though honestly. Teemos shrooms can be incredibly annoying though. Even singed doesn't bother me, I just ignore him and poke when he gets close and never chase him.

siraj24

12-24-2012

i recon ezreal cause his ult can get to places quickly and his q gets first blood easy

Henry Plainview

12-24-2012

Am I the only one who plays Leblanc on TT? It's strange that I never see anyone else play her, her incredible burst and mobility (less so now that the walls are so damn thick riot pls) are deadly, and the mana aura lets you basically ignore her early mana problems. Maybe she's only good because I'm Bad...

Also Kayle is a very strong and strangely underrated pick.

Zan Vorez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

Darius without a doubt. I'm sure the community has come to a general consensus on that.

Any Tanky DPS type champ, really. Olaf. Jax. Riven. Bruiser is still a problem because of itemization.

Zan Vorez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

Suggestion to help TT against bruiser meta: make towers do PERCENT MAX HEALTH damage if they percent max health is greater than the flat damage that towers usually do. Surely this couldn't be too hard to implement? Feedback on this idea?

Caecus Scius

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Vorez View Post
Suggestion to help TT against bruiser meta: make towers do PERCENT MAX HEALTH damage if they percent max health is greater than the flat damage that towers usually do. Surely this couldn't be too hard to implement? Feedback on this idea?

This has been my suggestion all along...

oNeffy

12-25-2012

Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't seen this..
Alistair. Seems silly right? Listen. He can easily charge you once from behind, knock you between two towers. Dead if focused. His Q can make a 3v3 team fight deadly for the opposing team for obvious reason, followed by his ult and already present attack damage, you'd be lucky to survive considering you can't move for a couple seconds. If your flash is down, might as well sit there and take the death.

Another one I have yet to see is Syndra. Makes farming way too hard, makes it where you're afraid to even approach your own lane early-mid game, and controls the lane for basically the whole game. Even when laning phase is over, which is hardly ever in normal 3v3s, you're afraid to move anywhere. Syndra with a good team and good players is overkill typically.

Bromoflexual

12-25-2012

Lee Sin a huge problem. With only three people any survivability cooldown becomes much more effective. Lee shields two people for moderate damage while being able to use it as a distance closer or a safety jump depending on the situation. He has incredibly high ability damage with extremely good kiting, engaging and disengaging. It never feels good to try and focus him because of how easily he can get out of harms way, but he does so much damage, disruption and shielding that you can't afford to let him do what he wants. The items available to Lee also make him even more of a threat. Maw + Blade of the Ruined King offer even more survivability with no loss of damage.

Bruisers just rock this map, period. Perhaps an upgrade path for Aegis that gives the Ninja tabi effect. Armor just feels bad to buy against a lot of people when they have a LW and BC which are quite popular.

EDIT: Can we have a non ranked draft mode?