Who are the best champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PermaFriedRice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

btw teemo is only sucessful now if you rush a bft thanks for nerfing his well rounded building skills thatm ost other champs have you probably need to restrict him down to holding 2 mushrooms and revers the last nerf on him becaUSE YOU REALLY SEEM TO BEIGN SINGLING OUT certain champions jusut bcs people find out they have strengths and no one sees obvs ways to counter them its silly but yes darius is a true problem he has no limits on him constant dunks an darius can feed 10 kills than get to level 6 and not die anymore than he has

spankinthyme

12-21-2012

where the love for wukong??

captainginyu95

12-21-2012

I rank 3's alot. top champs in my book are, jarvan, wukong, lee sin, jax, rumble, darius, amumu, singed, riven

Jarvan is very strong, due to his aoe knockup, and good dmg, and great ult, which can be a great combo with other teammates such as kat or orianna, protecting them from danger.
Wukong can intiate very well, good dmg, and ultimate is insane in teamfights.
Lee sin has been strong for a very long time in 3 v 3, great early game dmg, fairly tanky, and ult can catch people off guard and split teams
Jax is OP, can just dodge all attacks, and jump on squishy. Very tanky with just 2 doran blades and triforce.
Darius will be darius, as his dunking is too strong, but can be countered by some champs. but still very strong, early and late game dmg, also very tanky.
Rumble, not as much as original 3 v 3, but ult in jungle team fights, can be devastating.
Amumu, pretty strong in 3 v 3, ultimate lasts 2 seconds, good cc, and great dmg with his tears.
Singed has always been strong, great dmg, great chasing ability, SUPER TANKY, great slow, and can catch people off guard.
Riven is a great too in 3 v 3, good dmg, aoe ult, decent cc, and very tanky.

3 V 3 is dominated by bruisers, bursters,

Turtle Omega

12-21-2012

@Nome, I think before creating a comprehensive list, you should probably put in some variables of what is included in "best champions".
There are champions who are the "best" early game, there are champions who are the "best" late game, there are champions who are easier to use, with a lot of damage and could be considered "best" because of it (Darius), and there are champions who are much harder to use, but the rewards go beyond any of the other champions.

In my gameplay, I really see Darius as one of the most overpowered. If you're bad at him, you'll probably die 2 or 3 times early game, but it won't even matter with his scaling and ultimate, he'll easily catch up in kills and carry even if you don't know how to play with him. Then, take that mechanic, and apply it to someone who is very good at him, and he's unstoppable.

Teemo isn't overpowered, I would not like to see anyone saying he's the "best" champion here. He can easily be shut down, you just need to be more aware of the map. When you hear stories of "Teemo shrooming the entire map and we can't go anywhere", you're basically hearing stories of how the players could not control the map, or even their jungle. Naturally if a Teemo is trying to shroom everywhere, he's probably going AP. Right now, viable Teemo builds put him kind of squishy. Any gap closer or anyone faster than him can take him down without the fear of dying, that is unless they let him get fed. (Let is underlined, because Teemo really needs to exploit weaknesses in order to be viable, I know this because I main him.)

Singed had his highlights in the original Twisted Treeline, and while he is still a scary champion, he isn't as good in the new 3s, IMO. That, or I haven't played against a really good one. He can be good, but I feel with the new mechanics of 3v3, he just doesn't fit in as much. Of course, out of habit, in ranked I pretty much always ban him.

Cho'Gath can be an absolute terror if he's put in the right team. I would definitely consider him as one of the "best" champions. He can easily go into a 1v2 lane and win, he can easily jungle and win, he can easily go in a 1v1 lane and win. If I had to categorize him, however, I would say he is a champion that needs quite a high skill cap or at least a moderate amount of experience. With the new ring around his AoE attack, it's quite hard to take enemies by surprise.

My personal favorite is Elise. Her ability set allows her to have a nice CC, a perfect escape mechanic, especially for this map, scary amount of damage in a map where Armor/Armor Pen rules, gap closer, and a bomb that can check bushes. She was way underused when Sam decided to put her at T4 (Damn him), but after constantly saying Elise doesn't deserve T4, I assume he tried her out, and then put her at T1. She takes an extreme amount of precision, time coordination, and skill; but if you play her right, you'll be a terror to the enemy team.

Sir Fuzzy

12-21-2012

We play almost entirely 3v3 in the 11-1200 elo range so we probably represent the majority of players. (me and my team)

We permaban Teemo and Darius and throw in Singed whenever I don't plan on playing him.

Teemo - The map has no wards... he does. Also his damage with BFT is stupid even with the nerf to his ult. His poke is quite annoying and the little bit of stealth he has goes a long way on this map.

Darius - is just stupid. It's hilarious that he hasn't had his ult nerfed yet but Rengar has been nerfed into the ground. Bringing his kit into a 3v3 environment doesn't work out at all. He can build all tank and still decimate in team fights. All the forum trolls like to say "build HP to counter Darius noob" yet this map was given items to specifically counter HP builds... sooooo.. Darius is waaaaay OP.

Singed - has always been one of my favorite champs but he definately trolls this map building all tanky with a few on-hits thrown in for extra trolltasticness. His whole kit just screams "**** you". He's invincible and simply can't be ignored because of all his utilities.

TheM0ve

12-21-2012

Wanted to add I have played about 1,250 3v3 normal/ranked games in the last 2 years.

The two strongest champs are Singed and Darius. The new TT is all about team fights. Darius is super tanky has a pull and his ult does around 50% hp of most champs. AP casters/Assassins can not live through a pull/darius ult. So Darius already kills the carry and still has his ult, tankyness, and high dmg. Alsot add now Darius's bleeds tick for as much or more dmg than teemos posion.

Singed is the easiest/strongest champ in the game. He can run around do w/e he wants. You can buy boots, blackfire torch, and 4x rod of ages and hes a beast. Like 5k hp and his posions eats away at you. If he some how gets in trouble he pops his ult and gets away and kills you if you follow.

I think Amumu, Cho, and Singed are the best two champs to center around a team. I do not think Amumu, or Cho are OP though.

Top 3 OP champs in my opinon are:

#1 Darius
#2 Singed
#3 Jax

Elazul Arcanum

12-21-2012

Honestly, it is to the point where I don't even want to play 3s, because teemo make the game completely unenjoyable.

"buy oracles" ok what about bushes? what about when he lays one on top of himself while you head towards him with a move-to. He still disrupts WAY too much, without even needing to be close. You can't really chase, the jungle becomes a death trap minesweeper minigame which usually results in the enemy team picking up a free kill on your slow ass.

Oh yeah and the central theme of 3s? ganking? well it cant happen when the enemy has a teemo, he just blocks off his flanks and just scurries to safety or picks up a free kill. win win... thats not exactly how ganks are supposed to be for the one getting ganked.

Turtle Omega

12-21-2012

oh lords elazul arcanum, im sure your elo reflects your knowledge of the game

Toasted

12-21-2012

Aside from the couple of obvious ones...

Kha
'Zix: Being able to jump over the top wall is extremely deadly early game, especially with hes early game damage.

Kayle: Strong pick. She excels at everything; Her ult CD is too low on this map.

dunkaIIday

12-21-2012

In my opinion, all beginning game characters are very effective in twisted treeline because TT has a shorter game time than summoner's. Some beginning game characters are: riven, with good shields in early game and good sustain like chogath, irelia, and good burst ap carries like leblanc and diana. Well, this is my own opinion, so, there might be some backfires, but this is my opinion.