Who are the best champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

metere

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Hey guys, I wanted to get a general idea of what you guys think are the best champions on Twisted Treeline, currently.

If possible, I'd like to get an explanation of why they're strong, not just that they're overpowered. For example, don't just say Teemo is too strong--say "Teemo is strong because he has really good map control with Noxious Trap. Blackfire Torch lets him burn 25% of your health without him even being close to you."

I'd like to figure out a good way to deal with these outliers, so let's come up with a good, comprehensive list first
Basically the problem with threes is you have to play really tanky champs and or have tons of cc, or you will lose. (unless you happen to be 10x better than the other opponents) However that doesnt stop some champs from simply destroying.
My best friend brother and I are prettygood, not going probut pretty good. and we played a game where we couldnt kill diana, even in a 3v1. she came to the base, 3v1d us and won withen 1 minute. I had 3000hp we all had magic resist, (name escapes me, cdr, mr, healing does more. we all had it) and she still was hitting for 500 a spell, and just destroyed all three of us. I think a nerf to her scaling, and shield would be really useful.

Obviously trynd, he doesnt need to be fed to farm. he can farm when behind, 3v1, and win. ive seen it, ive done it, my friend did it last night with lifesteal and hi ult even CCdoesnt have enough effect unless they have 3 strong ones. I Could go on about how a fed trynd cant even break yis heal cause its the armor and mr that need nerfed, not the healing per second, sions ult, let alone ap sions ult with a fiora on the team being virtually impossible to counter, once ingame and you dont have the perfect counter comp. (for normal good but not pro players) However because I dont see trynd sion, fiora, diana teemo, all the champs that dominate threes being nerfed, and even if they are, I have a better solution. Remove them. kind of ;P

There is no draft pick for normal threes. You were asking about adding a larger draft pick for aram, Pleaseeeee consider doing this for threes, add a 4 or 5 person draft pick for non ranked threes, I think it would make threes alot more balanced and enjoyable. It is also a much simpler solution and nerfing all of the items and OP people in threes, or simpl everyone playing ranked after actually forming a team and running into the same problem. Threes is simply unbalanced because of how it works, 3 tanky champs 3strong cc's if not more, or a combo like sion fiora morg (oh it is worse than it sounds -_-) will be broken and the way to play unless you nerf them, and the items; but it would be much more simple to just add a 4 or 5 person draft pick. I normally dont see alot of riot posts, but please if you read this, consider it, and respond if possible

Khmera

02-26-2013

I'm best at supports, I mean in Twisted Treeline everyone has to build damage or tanky to fit the roles played out by the enemy since every person is a valuable asset. Supports can't possibly build purely support items on this map otherwise there would be one less as, ap, tank, or bruiser. So yes I'm best at supports they arn't the best pick unless played well and they surely make the game take longer if you are winning because of possible weak pushes, oom, or lack of speed. Still they are great but if you are playing a support in 3 v 3 then it is important to build something else.

G4m3 M0d3r4t0r

02-26-2013

Singed is awesome, but I've been experimenting with Ashe and she seems pretty good with TT

Fardo Baggins

02-27-2013

he is stronk

Grinningsphinx

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendaryGP View Post
singed, xin, rumble, darius, jax
Hence, they are banned 99 percent of the time.

Quoted for truth.

Riotnome does not really need to ask this question, because the metrics are there every day for him to see.

SMNC Junkie

02-28-2013

I may not be the best at this game (I've only been in since season 3) Yet there seam some things that are obviously broken on TT. Since I'm newer, I'm only going to state what i believe to be the 2 most obvious to save me some potential embarassment.

Teemo. Seams pretty obvious. Riot even posted some of my biggest pet peaves on the first thread post. Some other ones are that oracle's the only way I can see to fidn his mushrooms. paying 500 every 5 mins or death is way to hefty to keep it balanced. also I've found our team having to just ignore centre health most of the time as a teemo shroom slows more, and deals more damage than the health. meaning unless you desperately need the mana, you'll actually be losing more of whatever you needed the pick-up for be it health of speed. also the enemy team can easily move to gank you now. Blinding dart later game can eat almost any support class alive in 1-2 shots. without more big bruisers charging teemo to take the aggro, he can easily work from your weekest champ to your strongest who will then still die in what is now 1v3. getting 2 shotted 5-10 minutes in blows chunks hard

Pantheon- More of a quick note on pantheon, I think 300's leonidas is an awesome character, and I'd really play him more if his ult didn't give him near total field presence. Seams like a really easy fix. reduce the range, and I'd even go so far as to slightly reduce the AOE. that huge circle is hard to dodge in the tight confines of TT, that being said it's definately the rang of his ult that is just plain hard.

Thanks for reading my first psot, hope I brought up some valid points.

Skull Kid239

Master Recruiter

02-28-2013

[QUOTE=SMNC Junkie;35129297 LoL stuff[/QUOTE]

Off Topic
you're name is SMNC junkie, and you started playing LoL in season 3. Did the game finally die out? Great game, bad community. The LoL community may be rude at times, but it's no where as harsh as the SMNC forums xD

to stay on topic: Having played 3v3 exclusively, I can see certain champions are flat out better, but being a low tier champ isn't always bad.

I see a lot of the same champs in 3v3 over and over, sometimes i forget their are over 100 champs because i only see about 20 of them. I get so used to thwarting "good champs" that when a "bad champ" comes along it really gives me problems.

EchoFlye

03-01-2013

Singed or Twisted Fate fall into the category for best twisted treeline champs for me. With his teleport, Twisted Fate can grab an alter, teleport to the other right as the first one seals, and then recall and head back to base without getting touched. Singed is just.... well... singed.

iDestroY3R

03-02-2013

Nocturne ,riven , fiddlesticks , swain , irelia and casseiopia

SMNC Junkie

03-02-2013

Off Topic
you're name is SMNC junkie, and you started playing LoL in season 3. Did the game finally die out? Great game, bad community. The LoL community may be rude at times, but it's no where as harsh as the SMNC forums xD

I'm actually a huge MOBA fan, and have been since the origional DoTA mode for warcraft. I do still play SMNC fairly often because the third person aspect is awesome, and there are a bunch of points to the game i truly adore. Uber's complete neglect has just been getting me down of late. went from almsot weekly updates to having the last version up for over a month, and they only fxed a rare server crash bug, and allowed you to create 1 person custom games (???). I'm not gonna abandon the game, but I'm definately not gonna promote it until uber start atleast pretending to care. I also play DoTA2, yet as the game is still unrefined, and incomplete I have opted to only play it with some old friends.

Alas I digress back to Lol. I Really like the elements this game brings to the MOBA genre. The grass is an amazing add, and the monster buffs are cool (both adding appreciatable depth). Having 2 super creeps (Baron, and Dragon) as opposed to just Roshan is sick. And although I do miss the Lane shops, and secret shops... and the courier, The summoner spells, recall ability, and items that give cooldown reduction more than make up ofr it.

Alas I digress again to the point of the thread.
Singed is just.... well... singed.
2 Days Ago 03:09 PM

I'd bust you for not following thread guidlines.
"I'd like to get an explanation of why they're strong, not just that they're overpowered. For example, don't just say Teemo is too strong--say 'Teemo is strong because he has really good map control with Noxious Trap. Blackfire Torch lets him burn 25% of your health without him even being close to you.'"

Yet i have lost every single match agains Singed I've played on TT. His passive's the only reason i could fathom. Bad explanation? yes but as I said last post "I may not be the best at this game (I've only been in since season 3)" I'm new

Sorry if i used the quotes system wrong, enjoy the game, and for the love of god please don't play teemo on TT.