Who are the best champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinzo Ningen

02-11-2013

As far as junglers go, I think Jax and Kayle both have quite strong early games. As long as they don't fall behind, they become unstoppable late game.

Their camp clears are really fast, and they both have great level 2 gank potential. My AP Kayle jungle almost always gets a level 2 or 3 first blood.

XxYoloSwagxX

02-11-2013

I personally love jax in the jungle. His ability to gank at level 2 helps tremendously for top or bottom lane control. When you pair jax's inherent ability to take his strong early game potential and translate it into mid to late game dominance, you find yourself sitting really comfy knowing that you will be backed up if you are in a tight spot.

At the same juncture, I have always been a fan of singed as well. There is always something nice about feeling as though that people will be punished if they are chasing you. I have played games with singed where my back hurt from all the weight of the team yet found it enjoyable. Singed is a champ that, even when doing bad, puts a smile on my face just because he is so fun to play.

My last pick would probably be darius or trynda. Generally speaking, both are really strong champs as far as mechanics go. They do well in team fights and in lane. The amount of damage output is something that really leaves a mark on the enemy team. That isn't to say that Jax or singed can't do that either, but it stands to reason that both trynda and darius can really dish out the pain without that much effort whilst leaving your items to give you the tankiness you require to stay alive....if you don't kill them first.

As a side note, I have experimented with zilean as well. As far as I can tell, I feel as though he really is a 3's champ that is viable, but takes a certain amount of skill and awareness to play. But if you are playing ranked 3's to begin with, it would make sense if you had that self awareness anyway. At the same time though, he does work well with a multitude of combinations. It just seems as though that there is a tradeoff where the enemy might have a really heavy team comp which could cause potential problems late game.

Gwyth

02-11-2013

I'd have to say I have the most trouble laning against a good Singed as melee. I don't really play ranged, but he can zone ridiculously well with his poison trail. You can't burst him down, so dives aren't really wise, and even by turrets, you can't really stop him from throwing poison trails down. If you try to fight him, he may just throw you farther out and kill you out there, or he may toss you to his teammates. I'm not sure he's broken, but he's tough to play against as Rengar, Shyvana, and Xin.

Lux is great too. She's got her slow and root and her Ult can really mess up a fight going your way from across the map. Like Singed, I'm not really sure that she's broken. But she's very tough to get a hold of to kill. You gap close to her, she roots you. You Flash or Ghost and she slows you. Or the other way around. It's tough to get close enough to finish her off a lot. And by the time she's kited you down, she ults you and it's over.

Darius is just broken in my opinion. True Damage that does scalable damage and refreshes on kill is just way too strong. I've seen Darius's wipe through teams so fast. Build up multiple bleeds, Ult, the next guy is low, Ult, the last guy is low, Ult. I really don't see how he's balanced at all in that regard. As others have mentioned, you can't afford to focus him either, because the other two on his team will own you. Darius is really tough to deal with. His bleeds make it worse, because even if you kill him, he may still get the kill (often enough to mention).

Jax has always struck me as overpowered. His dodge makes it virtually impossible to hit him while he's simultaneously destroying you. Like Darius, he gets stronger the longer you fight him. (Attack Speed) His stun on top of that just makes him impossible to deal with as Xin. The only thing you can do is knock him back, and often he'll just jump to you and stun you again. Jax hits ways too hard in my opinion. Just seriously WAY too hard. I wish I could tell you which items exactly, but since I've started playing (around when Renekton came out), I've never seen Jax hit so hard.

Tryndamere is worth mentioning. I know in the hands of the novice, he's nothing to be afraid of, but in the hands of a master, he's pretty much unstoppable. He slices through your team very quickly, has a heal, a gap closer, punishment for trying to run and a slow to boot, and invulnerability. When he's paired with Kayle, it's not even funny. Kayle herself I think is fine, but the combination of them together is very scary.

I do want to mention Teemo. Let's put it this way, any champion that can make you essentially "miss" your attack is a little over powered in my mind. Especially when said ability simultaneously does damage. Teemo is probably THE most used champion in TT because his shrooms offer map control, damage, and slow while he his extremely fast and hard. DoTs are nearly impossible to deal with and like Darius, even when you manage to kill them, they still kill you. Personally I think DoTs should be removed if a champion dies. Teemo and Darius do huge amounts of damage to you while they're alive, I don't see why they should get to do damage while they're dead as well.

Garen might be worth mentioning, but I don't really think he's broken, just a little "noob mode". He'sa cake walk to play and his silence is awesome. I don't really think he's broken though. He is a great champ on the map though.

Lee Sin and WuKong are probably the last two I'll mention. Wu Kong's ability to duplicate himself is beyond annoying and his ult, I feel, is like Death Lotus on a much tankier champ. His Ult is really a pain. Lee Sin's mobility is crazy and makes him very tough to lane against or close the gap to. He's got a way to move away from you, to you, and through walls. Just a little broken in my mind, but probably not enough to call him broken.

Those are my thoughts

Shinzo Ningen

02-11-2013

In the mentions to Jax about being really strong, and Darius for that matter, both of them fall off hard if they get behind. Now granted that is hard to get them behind, it will win you the game. If they have a Darius top, it might not be a bad idea to do a three man gank at level one.

Zestycookie

02-12-2013

Akali is absolutely ridiculous in 3v3. I don't think I've lost a game with her yet. Her mobility and stealth combined with 3 dashes and an insane amount of burst allows for easy kills. Throw a Rylai's on her and no one will ever escape. They exhaust, you dash and slow. They flash, you dash and slow. They knock you back, you dash and slow. By that point they are probably dead.. lol.

glitterthunder12

02-14-2013

teemo nidlee vi shaco janna ashe

enedois

02-14-2013

I Never Lost Using Tryndamere. So I think he is the best one.

oOThreshCrankOo

02-14-2013

if i had to say one champ on this map i think it would be master yi just cuz he can get alot of ad with black cleaver :/ and if it is a ap yi well i would say black fire torch

Your Genitals

02-15-2013

I agree with the first page posts about singed and darius, pretty much sums up what i wouldve said with regards to 'why'.

Poloventus

02-15-2013

i have read this and kept wondering "where is jarven 4th" he is not talked much in here
i think jarven is really good in 3's
his "demacian standard/dragon strike" is a pop up, a get away, a chase mechanism, and u can go thru most walls. his ult if used well traps 1 or 2 champs and kill them. he has a shield to get away from those close calls with ignite. he can be as tanky as garen but have a better use.