Who are the best champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXLightRainXx

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Lightbringer is getting some changes to help counter Teemo (his Shrooms are detected when you're in a short distance). Hextech Sweeper won't have these changes yet, but they'll probably be ported over as well.
Already here, lol.

Chazual Fridays

02-06-2013

I think a lot of the imbalance is just a property of a 3v3 game. League of Legends is designed for 5v5 play, and in giant team fights, it's easier for, say, the support to assist from afar, the peripherals of the battle, as there's tons going on, so it's a bit more difficult to be aware of everything that's going on, if that makes sense. Basically, if you can have a couple bruisers/tanks in the heat of battle while the adc and apc lob shots in from a distance and the support buffs and sustains his/her allies. And if schnoz hits the fan, the adc or apc can escape into the jungle and flash over a wall to your turret.

Much of the problem with the Twisted Treeline is in the set-up of the map. I say "problem", but that doesn't mean it's necessarily bad, it just makes for a different game more suitable for bruiser champs, just as Dominion is more suitable for champs with good mobility. Basically, what I see is the long distance between opposing turrets draws out fights and naturally champs with good survivability are favored, as they can take the hits while they're escaping and can chase down others that are near-death. The whole structure of the Treeline encourages early ganks and team fights, which bruisers, who have great early games, naturally excel at. AD carries and AP carries simply don't have the time to buff their damage output with the proper leveling and items, and even if they do survive to late game, the bruiser team would be too fed and pushed.

So I don't know as if there is a problem with any particular champ, it's more bruisers in general have the advantage.

-Chaz

PhillipHobbiton

02-06-2013

I don't excactly know why but Jayce is really powerful on 3v3. Whenever I play with my friend he always goes top/jungle with Jayce. With his ranged/melee skill set he can counter many of the common tops like darius who people consider the most annoying.
He also is able to pull away in levels and carry the team really well when he clears jungle and quick pushes his lane. I am suprised that he is not a more common pick.

Daedälus

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uparmored View Post
Who would be a good ap glass cannon on this map
Leblanc, she will blow you up and get away. Although she is only good early game, most TT games dont last long enough for her to fall off late game like we see in summoners rift when people build a lot of MR.

Daedälus

02-08-2013

I do feel that bruisers are still a bit too strong on this map i went up against a jayce singed and darius as caitlyn and sona was bot with me and we had a lee sin top however they just stuck together and destroyed us not to say that they are op they aren't in any way but bruisers are still a bit too strong in TT and its still a majority of what you see.

UaMag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

I have been playing 3s for a while now and i have noticed that any bruiser that has aoe and can tank lots of damage they are more than likely going to win. I run Jarvan Wu and Xin and my team usually wins due to this strat.

Serphant

02-09-2013

Hear me out, AP shaco is a tough person to deal with. Constant e pokes mixed with total bush harassment with boxes make it hard to capture an altar since the boxes can be laid out everywhere. His clone deals massive damage once it explodes, and with the right team comp he is deadly to help assist in kills or getting kills himself.

Thomas Yorkshire

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravechaosknight View Post
Lux is pretty strong, her Ult's presence is really good on TT. She got a little more manageable with the new layout but still has really good presence.

Also Lux as support does pretty good in TT healing and slowing the enemies because of the number of players

Wasselin

02-10-2013

Don't you think you should know that yourself riot?

Energymonstar

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedlus View Post
Leblanc, she will blow you up and get away. Although she is only good early game, most TT games dont last long enough for her to fall off late game like we see in summoners rift when people build a lot of MR.
Syndra also works quite well as the glass cannon, she takes alot more skill then pretty much any other caster to land the stuns, but being able to hit the stuns equals so strong dominance. Granted syndra isnt a commonly played champ by any means and has a strong learning curve.