Who are the best champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alcibiades5410

01-17-2013

I'd say Garen. He has a slow removal, a ton of AOE damage, and a high-damage ult. To be fair, the ult does magic damage and can be built against, but that's kind of missing the point. He has no mana so he doesn't have to worry about spamming abilities. It's basically very easy to play him well enough so that your skill is irrelevant, if your team comp is wrong.

Demacry

01-17-2013

I'd have to say the most broken champion in 3s is easily Riven (in particular before her Ult and health regen nerf this most recent patch; the nerf could change this but I don't think it'll have a giant impact on it past level 11).

Riven is one of those hard-to-master champs that has a huge payoff if you play her right and take the time to learn everything there is to know about her kit/burst/timings.

In general I think my success with her is largely contributed to normals being blind pick only but even against hard hitting ap champs like Teemo, Singed, Viktor, and Malzahar an early lanturn/qss combo'd with MoM on Riven gives all the resistances/actives she needs to shut them down and let her kit carry her far past the point another ad caster like Pantheon or Renekton might in a similar situation.

Her biggest issue I feel is that Riven's kit/burst allows her to dominate enemies out of position even a little bit very quickly but also gives her a strong laning presence and does it all at level 3 with almost no items. My usual build on her is Boots of Lucidity/Brutalizer which (when combined with runes/masteries) give her a flat 30 cdr, 20 armr pen and over 110 ad very early in the game for next to no gold. If the enemy team does not litterally all gang up on her early she will bully her laning opponent and then proceed to roam the map for the rest of the game as she snowballs out of control.

Typically I dominate after I get my first two items so I follow up with a Last Whisper to take her ad to over 155 and her armr pen to 20|35%. If I'm not doing amazing Ill usually rush a Maw or an Atma's depending on the resistance needs.

Short of being 1v3 while your allies idle at base or a hyper-carry like jax getting fed really hard there doesn't seem to be any counter for a decent Riven when she can out dps your whole team at level 4.

Lewella

01-17-2013

Annie, Max her Q and W along with R, as well as increase her health and ability power she can take on just about anyone in twisted treeline. I've just started playing and thus far I love playing with Annie. Her Ult is awesome and most helpful when fighting someone of a higher in-game level.

Darth Starkiller

01-17-2013

Warwick is so far my favorite Champion on Twisted Treeline. His E gives him the second best map awareness in 3v3 (after Teemo's mushrooms), his sustain lets him survive 3v1's in ways that he never could in Summoner's Rift, he's an excellent initiator and tank with my personal W, R, Q combo.

And certain items make him an absolute nightmare to try and fight. Anything with additional Lifesteal and GG. Anything with bonus Magic Damage and GG. Sunfire Cape let's you solo entire teams, Frozen Mallet+E makes you terrifyingly powerful at chasing... I could go on and on. Say what you want about Warwick on SR, but he is definitely one of THE best Champions on TT.

Jaliyl

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
Sam's list is generally considered accurate.

Teemo's not nearly the problem people think he is, but people refuse to buy oracles.

Singed is OP. I'm not a great player, but win most singed games. I doubt this is fixable, without completely and utterly destroying him on 5s. New itemization has weakened him, but he's still able to build RoA/Rylais/Sunfire or Abssal/BFT or wooglets. Tanky, disruptive, and does damage. It's just impossible to keep him from farming.

Darius OP. Build fulltank, and still need to be focussed first in a teamfight, or build up stacks and dunkdunk. And focussing the tank sucks.

Soo effing true about people not wanting to buy oracles. It's like a foreign item, then cry about shrooms and blind. Not to mention most people don't know it can still be bought even with full slots. and not so true about darius, hes easy to catch slipping with most players since hes overrated and people are generally sloppy with him due to his OP nature. It's only the rare few smart people who actually cleaves with his axe work you down then pull you in for the kill that are the issue. More champs like rammus or leona would work out.

Jabbaelhut

01-18-2013

I feel that Ahri does a great job soling in twisted treeline, and her charm ability does work in ganking situations!

My Duo Is A Kalb

01-18-2013

Lee sin OP

Shrouded Soul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

dar because he's dar

LuckierLion

01-19-2013

Kat, because her ult only hits 3, so in TT it would hit all three. It's better in TT because you have no control on who your ult hits in SR (suppose it hits the support, jungler, and ADC that's not fed) it would be kind of useless, but in TT it doesn't matter who you hit, because it hits all of them.

Latvia

01-19-2013

Not necessarily individual champions, but I played a team with Singed, Cassiopeia, and Teemo. We all rushed Blackfire Torches and Void Staffs, at that point we melted anyone at all, despite the magic resist they so desperately hoped would save them.